Best answer

How do I delete existing notes in Evernote or move existing notes to a specific notebook as a backup solution?

• 22 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I use a sofisticate integration between MindManager and Evernote thanks to Zapier.

There is anyway to elimintate existing notes in Evernote with Zapier or as back up solution to move existing notes in a specified Notebook? 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 29 April 2022, 02:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Velectro 

Good question.

The Evernote Zap app does not include the desired actions.

Most apps won’t expose their destructive endpoints via their Zap app on purpose to prevent accidental misuse.

You’d likely have to try to use the Evernote API: https://dev.evernote.com/doc/reference/NoteStore.html#Fn_NoteStore_deleteNote

Why can't I delete a (note, notebook, tag)?

Despite being defined in the Evernote API reference, calling any of the functions beginning with expunge will result in a PERMISSION_DENIED error. These functions will permanently remove their respective parameters from the user’s Evernote account and are not available to third-party developers. You can, however, call deleteNote to move a Note to the Trash.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Velectro!

As Troy mentioned, there isn’t a “Delete Notes” Action in the Evernote integration currently.

It also appears based on his research this may not be feasible through the main Evernote app so it may not make sense to create a feature request for this at the moment.

Why can't I delete a (note, notebook, tag)?

Despite being defined in the Evernote API reference, calling any of the functions beginning with expunge will result in a PERMISSION_DENIED error. These functions will permanently remove their respective parameters from the user’s Evernote account and are not available to third-party developers. You can, however, call deleteNote to move a Note to the Trash.

That said, in the meantime, as he also was kind enough to point out you could potentially use the Evernote API and Webhooks by Zapier if you’re comfortable! Here’s a few resources to get you started if you’d like to give that a shot:

I hope some of this helps and welcome to the Community! 🎉