Best answer

How do I create a new Google Drive folder and upload photos from a Gravity Forms submission into it?

• 26 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I am looking for some help on my zaps.

I currently have connected to my zap account is gravity form from my website, my google drive, and slack.

The goal is when a form submission comes in. The submission would create a new folder in google drive using the name field as the folder's name and upload photos submitted through the form. When a new folder is created, it will send a message to a Slack channel with the name of the folder + google drive link.

The only part I have problems with is creating a folder and uploading the photo submission. 

My Form

Walk through of my zap: https://www.loom.com/share/afe938085be3409b814a60867b934181 I don't see an option for creating a folder and uploading files, only one or another.

So I am not sure if I got to add another step in between or what. This is the part I am lost on.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 April 2022, 20:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nano 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Gravity Forms - New Form Submission
  2. Action: GDrive - Create Folder
  3. Action: Slack - Send Channel Message
  4. Action: Filter
    1. Check if Files exist
      1. Remove if Files is a required field
  5. Action: Looping
    1. To handle 1+ images
  6. Action: GDrive - Upload File
    1. Map the Folder ID from step 2

@Troy Tessalone thanks for this!

I think I have this all figured out. I am hoping to get a budget for the subscription tomorrow morning to give this a test.

Only thing I am unsure about is how I did the loop. Here is a quick video of my loop settings: https://www.loom.com/share/33b97c494ad84926bfe02b73c0e90b9a

For the value I just put “image” and for insert data I selected the gravity form file input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nano 

Help article for Looping.