Best answer

Help with Formatter tool, to create bullet list of items from an array

• 8 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey zapier community, 

Can someone help me solve an issue.

So I get the data in the following way

And would like format or convert this data into bullets or numbered list.

For eg:

in the following way:

• Official registry extract
  • List of shareholders

Could someone help me with zapier by code for this or any other way to convert the items into bullets and numbered list?

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 September 2021, 14:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sidd 

Are there always only 4 items in the array?

Can you please elaborate on your use case?

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy, thanks for following up. 

No it can either be more or less, its not fixed to 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sidd 

What are you trying to do with these formatted items OR where are you trying to send this data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to confirm that it’s possible to convert a set of line items into a HTML formatted bulleted list. To do that you’d first need to use Formatter’s (Utilities > Line-item to Text) action. This will convert them into a comma separated list of text. For example:

e02d326f339dacacee33382e5ae4a76e.png
Then you would use a Formatter (Text > Replace) action to convert the commas into </li><li> which are HTML tags that end the previous list item and start a new one:
21f69673d0d8cf2ba288f1c333bc15ac.png

Next, in the app you’re looking to add the bulleted list to, you’d add the opening and closing HTML tags for the list (<ul><li> and </li></ul>) and select the middle section containing the list items from the previous Formatter step. If you were using Gmail for example, it would look something like this:
601050d2df8fc2b99411311aeac4ef98.png
The above will then generate any number of line items into a bulleted list. To create a numbered HTML List instead of bulled list you’d use <ol> and </ol> instead of <ul and </ul>. :)