Best answer

Help with Email Zap

• 4 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created a Zap that works beautifully.....EXCEPT

so.....

when someone gets booked on my calendar the Zap runs 15 min after the meeting to send a "follow up" email

EXCEPT that when that appointment gets deleted, rescheduled or declined it STILL sends the email

any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 March 2020, 17:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Activecogirl

Open the zap, go to the trigger and pull through a test event. Check the output data. Are there any fields in there that would help you identify rescheduled/declined events?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Also, could I ask which app/trigger you're using? That'll give us an idea of what we might be able to change 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the replies! 

here is how I set up the zap:

1. new record view in Airtable (when I finish the call I move them to “Evaluating Proposal” which is a drop-down choice and that is the view I set up)
  2. Delay For: 3 Days
  3. Send EMail
  4. Update Record (Airtable updates a field called “Second Follow Up Email Sent” check box)

Then I have another zap running for a final email follow up:

1. New record view in Airtable (when I finish the call I move them to “Evaluating Proposal” which is a drop-down choice and that is the view I set up)
  2. Delay for: 7 Days
  3. Send Email
  4. Update Record (Airtable updates a field called “Final Follow Up Email Sent” check box)

What I would like is that if I MOVE them out of that “Evaluating Proposal” Stage to any other stage it will turn off these emails

Thanks for your help!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

OK, we should be able to do this for you 🙂

After the delay step, but before the send email step, add a Find record step. Search for the record that originally triggered the Zap. Then add a filter step that looks at the stage of the record, if it’s not in the Evaluating Proposal stage, have the filter stop the Zap. 

So your Zap would look like this:

1. New record view in Airtable (when I finish the call I move them to “Evaluating Proposal” which is a drop-down choice and that is the view I set up)
  3. Find record (do a new search for the record that triggered the Zap)
  4. Filter - only continue if stage = Evaluating Proposal
  5. Send Email
  6. Update Record (Airtable updates a field called “Final Follow Up Email Sent” check box)

That should work based on what you described, let us know what you think!

Userlevel 1

ok I just realized that I gave details on a different zap but does have an issue with a similar thing happening with another zap explained above. 

The one that I originally posted about is set up like this:

Calendly appointment made and added to my calendar

Step 1: New Event Matching Search in Google Calendar

Step 2: Delay Until: Event Ends

Step 3: Delay for: 15 minutes

Step 4: Find File in google drive 

Step 5: Gmail send email with attached file

Zap works great except if the event is cancelled or rescheduled then it still sends the follow up email - I would like it to only send on events that occur on my calendar if that makes sense - any ideas?

Userlevel 1

OK, we should be able to do this for you 🙂

After the delay step, but before the send email step, add a Find record step. Search for the record that originally triggered the Zap. Then add a filter step that looks at the stage of the record, if it’s not in the Evaluating Proposal stage, have the filter stop the Zap. 

So your Zap would look like this:

3. Find record (do a new search for the record that triggered the Zap)
  4. Filter - only continue if stage = Evaluating Proposal
  5. Send Email
  6. Update Record (Airtable updates a field called “Final Follow Up Email Sent” check box)

That should work based on what you described, let us know what you think!

So for step 3 I use the “Airtable Find Record” and then what field do I use to search?