Best answer

Having Mojo Read from Google Sheets, and its not "seeing" data that is in a cell that is a formula.


I have these emails that I get, that I made a zap to have their content go into a google sheet, and then in the google sheets I had to use this weird formula to pull the data that I needed our of the cell next to it. I used this formula   =REGEXEXTRACT(A2,"(\n.*){4}")

Basically in Cell “a2” its like a paragraph of text,  so in “B2” I am pulling out just the persons name.   etc.  

But when I am setting up mojo, it only sees the text in A2, but it doesnt “see” the text in B2 (the zapier error is “no data”) , I am guessing because its technically a formula and not actually “Bob Smith” which is what I want it to pull into a mojo list. 

Am I on the right track here?   Thank you for your insight.  

 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 May 2021, 05:34

@STLRealtor

The formulas would need to be in the desired cells at the time the Zap runs.

So if you’re manually applying the formulas to cells after the data is added, then the data won’t be populated in those cells at the time the Zap is running.

Formulas can be added to cells via the Zap, but again making those cells dynamic requires advanced formulas.

Check out this article:

 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @STLRealtor 

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured?

FYI: When Zap adds a New Row to a GSheet, it’s actually inserting a brand new row, not just populating data in an existing row.

For example, if your GSheet has 100 rows, and the Zap adds a new row, the GSheet would now have 101 rows.

If you don’t structure your formula in column B correctly, it won’t work as expected.

Hi @STLRealtor 

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured?

FYI: When Zap adds a New Row to a GSheet, it’s actually inserting a brand new row, not just populating data in an existing row.

For example, if your GSheet has 100 rows, and the Zap adds a new row, the GSheet would now have 101 rows.

If you don’t structure your formula in column B correctly, it won’t work as expected.

 

TROY!! You are awesome for responding.  It looks like you are very active here, and I appreciate you.  The zap I have set up to bring data from the email into the spreadsheet is working.  It brings it in, then I have to manually click the bottom right corner of the fields in the row above to drag down the crazy formula I mentioned above, and then the correct data shows up on the row that zapier just added.      But I cant get Mojo to “see” that data, even once I do the manual drag down of the formula thing.  

Happy to send a screenshot, what would you want to see it of? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@STLRealtor 

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured?

@STLRealtor

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured?

Hey Troy - I just made a screen sharing video, hoping this will be the info you would need:   https://www.loom.com/share/77ae9fcbee3747b0a5c99d21a0e5081c

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@STLRealtor

The formulas would need to be in the desired cells at the time the Zap runs.

So if you’re manually applying the formulas to cells after the data is added, then the data won’t be populated in those cells at the time the Zap is running.

Formulas can be added to cells via the Zap, but again making those cells dynamic requires advanced formulas.

Check out this article:

 

@STLRealtor

The formulas would need to be in the desired cells at the time the Zap runs.

So if you’re manually applying the formulas to cells after the data is added, then the data won’t be populated in those cells at the time the Zap is running.

Formulas can be added to cells via the Zap, but again making those cells dynamic requires advanced formulas.

Check out this article:

 

TROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  IT WORKED!!!! I AM SO THANKFUL TO YOU FOR OFFERING YOUR HELP TONIGHT.  I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS FOR DAYS TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A LOST CAUSE!!! YOU ARE AMAZING.   

For anyone reading this down the line,  here is the updates that I made:   

 

 

Reply