Best answer

Gravity Forms + Dropbox -- how to create a folder with "Client name" and upload a file

• 22 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have set up my gravity form to upload files into dropbox. 

However, I created Zap to help organize, here’s what I’d like it to do: 

1. create a folder with Client name 
  2. Upload the file into that folder -- I’ve set up the path and selected “Upload field” from gravity form, but it doesn’t upload the file that was uploaded, instead it changes it to .txt file with the extension name. 

Please help. 

Best wishes, 
T.

icon

Best answer by SamB 23 December 2021, 10:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tfiani 

How to work with files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Following up here as spotted @Tfiani also reached out to our Support Team about this. It seems Gravity Forms was sending over multiple files to the Upload File action, instead of the single file that it expects. The solution here was to add a Looping by Zapier action to allow for each file to be uploaded separately.

Sharing the details from Support’s recommendation here in case it’s helpful to others running into the same issue:

“You can leverage Zapier's beta Looping by Zapier app, which is able to take the number of files that we are getting from Gravity Forms and iteratively act upon them. What this means is that there would be several uploads that are sent to Dropbox consecutively, one right after another, for every action that follows the additional Looping by Zapier step.

You can add a Looping by Zapier step after the folder creation step like so: 

a0a903d72112a083f1f2f268ce71de74.png

To fill this step in, you can grab the "File Upload" field coming from Gravity Forms, like so:

1a3b21b0d49217672b48810fcc8cd891.png

Then, you'll want to send the looped values over to Dropbox:

1ffc25f9c656e8dd08c27a55dc34a1a4.png