Best answer

Gravity Forms 2.0 Issues

Userlevel 1

I am posting this after waiting for over a week for a response from Support (seems to be par for the course). 

Zapier’s rollout of Gravity Forms App Event 2.0 has been abysmal. Not only was there no announcement of the deprecation of 1.1.0, the complete removal of 1.1.0 combined with the forced migration to 2.0 when a GF trigger is edited has caused us a lot of trouble.

Our issue is two-fold:

1. Zapier Add-on (ZA) 4.0 does not work when trying to submit partial entries to Zapier. This worked without issue with ZA 3.3. 
  2. The forced migration to Gravity Forms App Event 2.0 has left 2 of our Zaps unusable as they never get triggered and we can not roll them back to 1.1.0.

We have contacted GF support and are working with them regarding issue number 1 (others are having this issue as well). However, in the meantime we have been trying to get a response from Zapier regarding reinstating 1.1.0 alongside 2.0 so that we can get our Zaps working again. While we understand that 1.1.0 is deprecated, it is still in use for the majority of our Zaps and works fine. It should have remained available until all bugs with Zapier Add-on 4.0 and the associated REST API had been worked out. 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 2 August 2021, 19:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

26 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Joshua J 

FYI: Most Zap app integrations are created/maintained by the app developer, rather than Zapier, altho unsure who owns the Gravity Forms Zap integration.

Might be worth trying to contact Gravity Forms regarding this as well.

Be sure to check these help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/gravity-forms/help

As I stated, I have already done that. Gravity Forms support has been great - very responsive. Gravity Forms support asked us to contact Zapier support to see about getting 1.1.0 restored as an option since Zapier would have control of that. However, trying to get Zapier support to respond to tickets is akin to pulling teeth. I have put in two tickets in the last month or so and have yet to get a response on either of them. Extremely disappointed in the level of service that we thought we would get for being a paying customer. As such, we are investigating options to totally bypass and remove Zapier from the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Joshua J!

So sorry you’ve been waiting so long! I don’t know if something is happening where you’re not receiving our replies, but I see that the Support team responded to your most recent message within 4 hours (on February 25). Is it possible that our response went to a spam folder or was caught in some type of filter on your end?

For your convenience, here is that reply:

I order to resolve the issue, can you try the Support form and mention that you’ve not been getting our messages (and maybe include an email address that we could CC in order to make sure you receive our responses).

Badge

Yes!! This is a complete and total mess. Gravity Forms support has responded quickly and has provided multiple test results, showing that the connection passes a number of tests.  Zapier, on the other hand, has not provided any specific details -- other than developers are working on it.  They say developers will not talk to me and that I cannot speak to a manager.  It’s all very distressing.

Badge

Hi @Joshua J 

FYI: Most Zap app integrations are created/maintained by the app developer, rather than Zapier, altho unsure who owns the Gravity Forms Zap integration.

Be sure to check these help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/gravity-forms/help

As I stated, I have already done that. Gravity Forms support has been great - very responsive. Gravity Forms support asked us to contact Zapier support to see about getting 1.1.0 restored as an option since Zapier would have control of that. However, trying to get Zapier support to respond to tickets is akin to pulling teeth. I have put in two tickets in the last month or so and have yet to get a response on either of them. Extremely disappointed in the level of service that we thought we would get for being a paying customer. As such, we are investigating options to totally bypass and remove Zapier from the process. 

Yeah, my frustration is growing by the day. Gravity Forms responds quickly, conducts extensive testing, even goes into Wordpress to check settings. Zapier takes much longer, and they have not provided any solutions so far.

In fact, Zapier said they were sending my problem to Gravity Forms, but Gravity Forms says there is no instance of that.  It’s the most frustrating customer experience of my entire life.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jupebox 

Make sure to check the available help articles to see if those address any of the issues you’re encountering: https://zapier.com/apps/gravity-forms/help

https://docs.gravityforms.com/category/add-ons-gravity-forms/zapier-add-on/

https://docs.gravityforms.com/zapier-add-on/

https://docs.gravityforms.com/using-the-zapier-4-add-on/

Badge

Yep. I’ve been through all that.  It’s set up as it should be, and it’s been verified so by Gravity Forms themselves. They state the problem is on Zapier’s end, even though Zapier keeps denying (with no proof).  Again, I believe the side that offers actual test results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jupebox Would you mind sharing the feedback Gravity Forms provided?

Often other WordPress plugins can have an impact on plugins/add-ons/extensions behaving as expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jupebox Another options you could try is to use webhooks to send the data from Gravity Forms to trigger a Zap.

Webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations

https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/webhooks/

https://docs.gravityforms.com/triggering-webhooks-form-submissions/

Badge

Yes, I’m already using that.

Badge

I’ve also had a third party check on plugin conflicts, such as deactivating the firewall, but that had no effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jupebox Did you try this troubleshooting option?

Create a new API key and reconnect Zapier.

This was a suggestion with another Gravity Forms user that yielded success.

Badge
  [body] => {"id": "e093eb63-e708-43e4-b336-9253e140f3db", "request_id": "605b6282-bc6a-45a2-93dd-ca8a261627d0", "attempt": "605b6282-bc6a-45a2-93dd-ca8a261627d0", "status": "success"}                    [raw] => HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jupebox Make sure the correct webhook is placed that corresponds to the Zap you’re using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jupebox 

I understand your frustration here - from your perspective, both Zapier and Gravity Forms are saying that it’s the other app that’s causing the issue. 

The Gravity Forms Zapier integration is owned and maintained by them, which means that the Gravity Forms team will need to address this issue with their Zapier integration. I can see that the Gravity Forms team is working hard to find a solution to this issue. 

Did this ever get  sorted? I’m in the same boat where my debug log shows that the information is going through but zapier isn’t pulling it for me to map my data. New API key and everything. 

Badge

This is what GF says:

Based on your logs, you're not having a communication issue with Zapier. That's what Sam confirmed in his response to you from March 29th. Our logs show that you are communicating to the Zapier App with the correct credentials and our Zapier Add-On is transmitting the full results from your forms with a 200 success. We can't see what's happening over at Zapier, so you might need to open a new ticket with them to look at your actual logs when you transmit those Zaps.

This was what Sam recommended:
"You will want to ask Zapier support to take some time reviewing the detailed information that I sent you previously to investigate the issue at their side of things, instead of just saying is our fault without providing any help or detailed information to clarify why they think is our fault, when the add-on log shows their server is responding all went fine for every request sent, based on real data (as we did)."

Badge

@jupeboxMake sure the correct webhook is placed that corresponds to the Zap you’re using.

My webhooks were working perfectly fine before upgrading. That never changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jupebox Based on @Danvers feedback (below) it sounds like maybe the teams at Gravity Forms aren’t communicating (e.g. customer support and dev who owns their Zap app integration), and perhaps you could share that feedback to them.

The Gravity Forms Zapier integration is owned and maintained by them, which means that the Gravity Forms team will need to address this issue with their Zapier integration. I can see that the Gravity Forms team is working hard to find a solution to this issue. 

I am having the same problem.  Tried everything mentioned above and still not working either.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Badge

It’s so upsetting. The Zapier support person won’t let me talk to anyone else.  None of my feeds are working, even though all I did was update. So disturbing.

Badge

@jupeboxBased on @Danvers feedback (below) it sounds like maybe the teams at Gravity Forms aren’t communicating (e.g. customer support and dev who owns their Zap app integration), and perhaps you could share that feedback to them.

No. Gravity Forms says this:

“Our logs show that you are communicating to the Zapier App with the correct credentials and our Zapier Add-On is transmitting the full results from your forms with a 200 success.”

So the connection is not the problem.

Crap, I just updated the gravity forms add on for Zapier. I have 30+ legacy zaps that were working fine.

I decided to create a new gravity forms zap. Couldn’t use the traditional feed, jumped through all the Hoops to create my new zap with gravity’s rest api. Now half my old zaps are not being triggered? I don’t get it, why would half the forms still work and trigger the zap?

Can I go back to the old feed system? It was working perfect. Panicking as I have orders coming through and no vital zaps are being triggered. 

crap crap crap, I love Zapier too much for this not be working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ChadwickSavage @HappierWithZapiwr and @ehmatrix!

So sorry for the frustrating experience with Gravity Forms and Zapier! If you have not done so already, I’d recommend contacting both the Zapier and Gravity Forms support teams. They’ll have more tools at their disposal and can dig into logs to see what’s happening. While it can feel like everyone is having the exact same issue when a Zap isn’t triggering, it’s entirely possible that these are different and require troubleshooting in order to properly diagnose.

I see in the Gravity Forms changelog that they released an update 2 days ago. If you’ve been using the most recent version unsuccessfully, I’d be curious to know if that update has made a difference at all.

If not, in the meantime, a possible workaround (and I realize it’s just that...a workaround) may be to follow the lead of this Community member who is using the Gravity Forms webhook add-on with the catch hook option of Webhooks by Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Joshua J 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everybody! Just posting a quick update here to say that this issue has been closed. If you’re still having problems, your best bet would be to contact the Gravity Forms support team. They can troubleshoot the issue  to see if you’re running the correct versions of WordPress, Gravity Forms and the Zapier Add-On.