Best answer

Google Tasks error connecting to Zapier

• 25 February 2021
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to connect Zapier to Google Tasks (to send tasks to Todoist).

I choose the proper Google account which I use for tasks and get the following message:

Zapier could not connect to your account.

The app returned "Invalid grant_type:".

No connection to the app is formed.

Has anyone had this issue and successfully solved it?

Note: I use the same google account to connect to Zapier. Not sure if that may be causing issues.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 March 2021, 14:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kurashu 

If you’re still having an issue authenticating/connecting GTasks to Zapier, then you can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kurashu,

This seems to be an issue with your Google Account, in this case, try using another Google Account if you have access to any, a G suite account is preferred.

If the other account connects then there might be something wrong with your initial account’s API permission, possibly in the Google Console page https://console.developers.google.com/

The invalid grant is also a code-malformed-error type error, so make sure whatever you are supplying in the Google task title, and in other fields do not contain unexpected characters or malformed data. Make sure to read this Get Started guide: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-google-tasks

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone , thanks, I sent them a ticket. Let’s see if they can help.

Hey @robschmidt , I failed to mentioned that I did try with a secondary Google account, but got the same error.

I have no access to a G Suite account as this is all for personal use. 

Zapier doesn’t even reach Google Tasks to add it as a connection and pull any info from it.

Only connection I have so far is with Todoist.

The process I use is click “Add connection” and choose Google Tasks

After choosing the Google account I want to use it gives me this message (in the same window)

That’s it. I can try and try again, but same error on both account. I even tried another browser.

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kurashu

Try authenticating in a private browser and/or a different browser (and make sure your browsers are updated), as well as on a different device.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Also tried on Private browser and signed in (same in other browser, both updated).

I will try via phone and tomorrow via a Mac (am on PC).

Thanks for the help!

Hello, same issue here, tried with a different account, same error.

Same issue here! Seems like it might be a wider issue. Got the error "Oh, foo. Zapier could not connect to your account. The app returned "Invalid grant_type:"." Kinda miffed to be paying for Zapier to have it not integrate with a basic Google app.

Same problem to me connecting google task and Microsoft To Do. Loging to Microsoft To Do w/o problems, no way to log to google task : The app returned "Invalid grant_type:".

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

I can see that this is a recently reported bug when connected Zapier to Google Tasks, I’m sorry that it’s affecting your Zaps!

@kurashu, @Zapage @jfsevilla and @kgrrgrr If you weren’t already listed as an affected user on the bug, I’ve added you now. That means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers,

Thanks for the update!

Cheers

I am also having this issue. @Danvers, can you please add me to your list of affected users for this bug?

Hi everyone!

I can see that this is a recently reported bug when connected Zapier to Google Tasks, I’m sorry that it’s affecting your Zaps!

@kurashu@Zapage @jfsevilla and @kgrrgrr If you weren’t already listed as an affected user on the bug, I’ve added you now. That means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

Hi @Danvers, I’m also having the same issue.  Could you add me as well to the list of affected users for this bug?

Same issue, may I please be added to the notification list?

I am also having the same issue trying to connect my zaps for Microsoft to do and Google tasks.

Signing in Microsoft to do was fine.

Signing in Google tasks (I get the same error on different browsers)

Please add me to the notification list too.

Thank you

Long Tran

I just tried this as well and get the same “invalid grant type”. Please add me to the list to notify when it is resolved. Thank you!

im also etting that error when connecting to google tasks

Hi there! I’m having this issue as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that you’re running into this issue and thanks for helping us to track the number of affected users.

I’ve added all the folks below to the issue, which means that we’ll send you an email when this is resolved

@birbs 

@travis_tracy 

@DEP 

@Long Tran 

@David Coleman 

@davidvitek 

@sophia 

Hi all

Same for me :rolling_eyes: .

Best Thomas

@Danvers  Can you add me too? Same issue here. Thanks!

Same issue. I tried to connect through private session. Nothing worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @T.S.007, @Julian P and @vito2602 thanks for letting us know that you’re experiencing the same issue. I’ve added you to the list of affected users. 

Hi, having the same issue - this used to work for me, but stopped at some point, and I’m getting the same error as mentioned above. @Danvers could you please add me to the list?

Same here. Could you add me as well @Danvers ? Thanks!

no working

same problem!