Best answer

Google sheets that auto updates everyday

• 18 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I set up an integration between Pipedrive and Google sheets. It works well and I get all the information I want. However, I would like to populate the rows when we add new information to Pipedrive. Is there a way to auto update the Google Sheet every day or everytime a record gets updated in Pipedrive?

I know the existence of the ‘find or create row’ but I’m looking for a solution that updates the row in Google Sheet when add new information to Pipedrive.

Hopefully someone here can help me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Gerben

icon

Best answer by Danvers 20 March 2020, 13:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gvzuilen, that’s a great question! If you’d like to Update a Row in Google, you can do that with the Update Spreadsheet Row action.

To use that, you’ll need the Row ID of the row that you’d like to update, so you can tell Google Sheets where to add the data. So your Zap would look a bit like this:

1. Trigger: Whatever your Pipedrive trigger is
  2. Action: Google Sheets - Lookup Spreadsheet Row - Find the Row that needs updating
  3. Action: Google Sheets - Update Spreadsheet Row - Use the Row ID from the previous step to tell the Zap which Row to update

For this to work, you need to make sure that there is a unique identifier in the Google Sheets row - something that will allow the Lookup Row to find the row that needs updating. 

​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @Danvers, thanks for your answer! I’ll give it a try over the weekend. Will this also create a new row when the deal hasn’t been created in Google Sheets yet (so when Zapier can’t find the specific row) or should I solve this with a second Zap? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@gvzuilen With the Lookup Spreadsheet Row action, there is the option to create a row if one isn’t found. If you make sure that you tick that option then yep, the step will either find the existing row or create a new one 🙂