Best answer

Google Sheets & Mailchimp: Group Import

• 24 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, 

I have trouble connecting a Google Sheets Data base to Mailchimp using the Zap : Add or update Mailchimp subscribers with new or updated Google Sheets rows.

Every contact details are well upload to Mailchimp except the Group section. I tried many thing but any information in my “Group” column are going to Mailchimp. 

In the Mailchimp audience, I have 1 first Group and 6 sub-Group. I would like to import / update a contact in a specif sub-group.

For now, I tried these in the “Group” column : 

• “Name of the Group”
  • “Name of the sub-group”
  • “Name of the Group”->”Name of the sub-group”

Looking forward for your help !

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 September 2020, 16:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap step is configured.

Make sure you’re using the Custom option for piping in data, then you can structure the input value to be in this format [Group]->[Sub-Group] from the GSheet provided values.

Im having the same issues getting MailChimp to update groups based on my Google sheet.

You can see in this screenshot where I test the action that Groups should update to Subscriptions->Full Digital Access, but Mailchimp does not update.

Here are the groups within MailChimp:

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @shoffmann, welcome to the Community! :)

It looks like there’s a slight typo on the name of the group. It’s missing the second “s” on the word “Subscriptions” here:

ad7c807e6d8ebdc5e6e245850847560f.png

Can you try adding that missing “s” in and see if that gets it working?

Yes!! That was it, thank you!

Beat my head against this all day yesterday and it was just a stupid typo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! Thanks for keeping us updated, ​​@shoffmann! I’m so pleased to hear that did the trick. :)