Best answer

Google Sheets information not showing in Jira Service Desk

• 3 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am brand new to Zapier

I am trying to open a Jira Servuce Desk ticket from the data in Google Sheets.

The basic process works fine; I enter a new roll in sheets and 15 seconds later I have a new open support ticket in Jira with the correct subject. However, no data from any of the columns is in the ticket.

When importing from a spreadsheet to Jira, where should all the data be populated?

Do I need to choose which fields will be imported into Jira? and if so, how do I do that? I don’t see any option select columns.

I was assuming into the comments filed but this is not the case. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 3 March 2021, 15:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @BaruchG 

On the step where your’re configuring the Jira ticket to be created there are all the fields that can have data added to them. If you click those fields and display will open, allowing you to map in fields from Google Sheets to be filled when the ticket is created.

The guide should help you get started: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BaruchG!

Were you able to set up your Zap using the guide @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu suggested? Let us know if you still need some help here 🙂

Userlevel 1

Yes, all good.

Thanks