Question

Google Sheets - Hubspot -- How to update multiple rows

• 3 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a Google Sheet with a list of approximately 3,000 rows and 750 companies, meaning multiple companies have multiple rows. The Google sheet is updated monthly (but not every row is updated). I need this data to get into Hubspot and then be updated accordingly in Hubspot. I set up a Google Sheet Row Added/Updated to Hubspot Company Update Zap. I’m using the Hubspot company ID as the unique identifier, but only the first row for a company with multiple rows is being updated. Any idea how I can have the Zap run down multiple rows for the same company?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pdxmufc

The GSheets New/Updated Row Zap trigger fires on a per row basis depending on the configured trigger settings.

Make sure your GSheets is configured correctly to work with Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-to-set-up-your-google-spreadsheet-to-work-with-zapier

Perhaps you can outline a specific example using real data to give more context about what you’re trying to configure with the automations.

“New or Updated Spreadsheet Row” trigger behavior

If you’re using the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger and choose Any column to monitor, any change to a row will trigger your Zap. If you select a specific column, then the Zap will only trigger when there are changes on that column.

Note

Zaps using New or Updated Spreadsheet Row will also trigger for any new rows in the spreadsheet, even if the specified column is blank. To avoid triggering in those cases, add a Filter step to your Zap.

Thanks, Troy. Think of it as each row represents a product a company has in their pipeline, what stage it is, when it was kicked off, etc. Multiple products (rows) with multiple attributes (columns). My alternative thinking is to map them to tickets, which we have but don’t use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pdxmufc 

Can you please clarify why there are multiple rows per Company?

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured as well.