Best answer

Google Sheets contents of row to Slack channel

• 14 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m new to Zapier, and I am looking to have the contents of a Google Sheet row put into a Slack channel anytime a new row is added, currently the bot just alerts when a new row is added but does not include the contents of what is added. Thanks for any links or info, much appreciated and looking forward to learning new things with Zapier! 

icon

Best answer by SamB 6 September 2021, 17:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @ChelseaLynn12, thank you for your question! Would you be able to share a screenshot of your current action step? 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response! I have fully created it, however, it is not providing what was put into the spreadsheet just that something was put into the spreadsheet. If you need more screenshots please let me know and I appreciate your help! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@ChelseaLynn12, thank you for the screenshot. Take a look at this screen recording.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ChelseaLynn12 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone who’s running into the same issue to clarify that in order for the information from the spreadsheet to be added into the Slack message you’d need to click into the field. Then, from the dropdown menu that appears, select the relevant field(s) from the Google Sheets step that contain the desired information.

We have a guide on how to set up action steps like the Send Channel Message one that goes into more detail on this process here: Set up your action