Best answer

Google Sheet to Airtable: Pull Document name in addition to new row?

• 7 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello Community,

New user here, glad to be exploring the Zapier World.

My Issue:
We have field technicians that service different stations across the country.
Each station is uniquely named and has different equipment that needs serviced.
They fill out a Google Survey created for each station about their weekly service.
I want to use Zapier to pull the newest Survey result from the associated Google Sheet into Airtable.
The Survey and associated Google Sheet are all named specifically for the station, there is no unique identifier about the Station in the survey question themselves.

How do I have Zapier pull the name of the Survey/Sheet along with the data in the row?

icon

Best answer by steph.n 22 August 2020, 01:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @GrndWorkLTCoord - Thanks for the question! I noticed you got in touch with Jared from Zapier Support, and wanted to share your answer with the rest of the community:

I don't think we can pull the name of the Survey and the Sheet - but if I'm understanding correctly - each Zap would only run for one Survey/Sheet combination.

So in the Airtable steps - you could simply type in the values that you wanted included in the Airtable record based on that Sheet.

They don't have to be mapped from the trigger - they can be hard coded because they will be the same each time the Zap runs.

I could definitely be missing where/how this would be used so please let me know if that's the case.