Best answer

Google sheet change doesn't trigger the Zap to create card in Trello

• 27 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, 

I have a zap that creates a card in trello every time a line is added to a google Sheet (team drive)

All was well until the line adding was changed to be done via a script (deployed as a web app)

Now Zapier no longer recognize the line added as a trigger.

Any ideas how to solve this without changing the scipt itself? Will a webhook zap work? If yes would love to hear some suggestions (I am very novice when it comes to webhooks)

icon

Best answer by crelis 28 May 2020, 05:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! Yes -If your app can be configured to send a webhook - This would actually be a good solution!

Basically you would create a webhook as your trigger event (Zapier gives you the URL to send to) and configure your app to send the details of the row to Zapier. 

Please let me know how you get on with this, because I might actually try building something like this for myself

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

That is what I am trying to do! Another very novice question - Where do I get the URL in Zapier (note that the end result is a new card in a  Trello board)?. The idea is to create the correct… webhook in Zapier and used the code to add to the script.  But I am not sure about the webhook creation stages .  ANy suggestions are welcomed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It works!!!

Took some figuring out until we got it right (required some changes to the script to identify each data element i wanted to move over to the card).