Best answer

Google Forms to Outlook, Time Zones

• 14 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m using Zapier to integrate GForms with Outlook Calendar. I have a date and time field in the GForm and subsequent GSheet that gets produced with it. Once it creates an event on Outlook, it will have the correct time when viewing the calendar as a whole and when hovering over the event, but if one double clicks the event to look at the description, it is in UTC, not the time zone I want it in.

Has anyone found a way to make Outlook create the entire event in not the UTC time zone?

Support suggested using Formatter, which I tried, but it still didn’t work - although it could be possible that I did it wrong? All I used it for was To Timezone EASTERN From Timezone UTC.

There is a line on Send Data in Outlook Create Event that reads

originalStartTimeZone: UTC

originalEndTimeZone: UTC

perhaps I need to change that somehow? However, my computer, Google Account, Outlook, and Zapier are all in Eastern, so I’m not sure why it’s forcing UTC.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 22 September 2020, 15:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ClientIntake ,

Thanks for reaching out! I see you were working with Joseph in Support and they suggested tweaking your Formatter step a bit, which seemed to help here!

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Did you manage to figure out the correct formatter details to get the originalStartTimeZone to something other than UTC??

I have tried adding Z which in my case is +1000

And have also tried adding the text AEST

But the calendar entry is still placed in UTC timezone

Did anyone figure this out?

Did anyone figure this out?

Nope - The Zapier support team got back to me and said it is a known bug - Seems like it would be a good one to get fixed