Best answer

Google drive to youtube error

• 2 December 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. I have an error with my current working zap. Can anyone help?

image.png

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 December 2019, 09:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Zzzzz

This is related to the issue you had before - the video is sufficiently long that Zapier is timing out before it can move the video from Google Drive to YouTube successfully.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Zzzzz! The error message that you can see is saying that when Zapier tried to upload the video, it took too long so the task timed out.

Are you able to reduce the filesize of the video/s by compressing them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Danvers - I've noticed that Zapier doesn't do too well uploading videos to Youtube or Facebook. If the video is more than a few minutes long, there are always timeouts 😁

@Zzzzz - when this happened to me, I had a better outcome uploading the file to Dropbox first instead of Drive, and sending to Youtube from there - it didn't timeout as often.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu While we can't do too much in terms of the timeout window, I've asked the documentation team to look into this so that we can provide better guidelines around what size of video Zapier can handle or might struggle with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Danvers - I'm guessing this is because Zapier is listening for an "OK Uploaded" sort of signal - which is unlikely to happen within the 30 seconds permitted if it's a larger video?

In that case can't Zapier take a "Send and hope" approach? i.e send the video file to Youtube's server, wait for acknowledgement that the video has been uploaded, but don't wait for successful upload?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu We need to wait for some sort of response, or we wont be able to tell users if there was a problem with a step. In addition, in many cases, folks need the details of the upload for later steps (eg to share a link).

The limit in these cases is 180 seconds (three minutes), so the best thing that you can do is to limit the size of videos. We don't have a fixed size as it will depend on the servers on both sides. We're in the process of updating our help docs to reflect this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Danvers - I thought all action steps in a zap were limited to a 30 second execution time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The short answer is not all steps have that 30 second limit, some have a longer one. The reason for that is related to the way that the integration was built. The majority of integrations will have the shorter limit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good to know @Danvers 😀

Userlevel 1

Thank you guys! It is still happening on some videos. I hope this gets resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Zzzzz it's not likely that there will be any changes to the time limit in the near future, so the best thing that you can do is to look for ways to reduce the video size (eg could you compress them?), which would improve the likelihood of it being uploaded in the 180s time limit.

I hope that helps!