Best answer

Gmail issue with sending email - “An error occurred. Your message was not sent”

• 2 May 2021
  • 9 replies

I keep getting an email from the mail delivery subsystem on gmail after testing my zap that says “An error occurred. Your message was not sent”. On zapier it said it was successful. Any ideas on how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 October 2021, 11:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FirstYearsMaternalHealth 

Can you please provide screenshots of the error and how your Zap steps are configured?

Make sure the email address being sent to is valid.

Available help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/help

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @FirstYearsMaternalHealth were you able to get this resolved? If not, a screenshot of how that Zap step is configured can help!

@Matt_Boyden and @Troy Tessalone 

I’m having the same issue.  Not sure why it’s not working.  Screen shots of my set up are below:

Thank you for your assistance!!

bd2b7ad9f4d0cc08f0e96eef2bbe150d.png
ae4759c242086e42fe949d711a64cfab.png

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TPlant 

Where is your error?

Also can you post a screenshot of how your Gmail step is configured?

@Troy Tessalone This is a screen shot of the error:

Below is my Gmail config:

7388689125b1db89f7ad69cb8b1b02b5.png
f764c55568c09e5b028aedeff3f5c3f4.png
a4c8d1ca5535045c9d349510146dfb4b.png

425a4bdb9bea218483c7a9aa9b514b4e.png

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TPlant 

Check out these Google help articles for possible guidance:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22839?hl=en

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

Getting the same error on my end while attempting to validate the test email from Zapier. No sending limit issue as the account does not send out any email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Fluid 

cc: @TPlant 

This may be the root cause:

If you get a bounced email from nobody@gmail.com – with the message saying “An error occurred, your message was not sent” or “You have reached a limit for sending email, your message was not sent” – it indicates that you have reached the Gmail sending limit for the day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to add that in addition to hitting Gmails sending limits, sometimes we’ll see a “An error occurred, Your message was not sent" error come through when text, rather than an email address, has been put in the Reply To field.

This appears to have been the case here: 

8ae535b6a469de3d855664b88993c548.png
Ensuring that a valid email address is present in the Reply To field should help to fix this error.

You can find out more about this in our help docs here: I'm receiving my own emails with an additional email that says "An error occurred, Your message was not sent"