Best answer

Gmail automation very slow

• 3 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello.

I have created a zap that should trigger once there is a new incoming email to Gmail and it should send it to another application. It does work but there is a very long delay and I am wondering if someone else has same kind of experience?

I also have another zap that should be triggered when an email is moved to a certain folder in the email. That one works only if I run it manually. 

How often Zapier is supposed to check if there is a new mail in Gmail that it should do something with?

Thanks!

Hanna-Mari

icon

Best answer by adamsmartschan 3 November 2020, 17:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@L_automating -

Only some Triggers and Actions are “instant.” See these in ActiveCampaign. Gmail isn’t marked as such, so they’ll be dependent upon your subscription level. That ranges from 15 minutes to 1 minute at “Company.”

In terms of the folder – I personally prefer to use labels or a search, rather than a folder. You can use the label to send the email to the folder in Gmail itself, but it’s a little more direct that way.