Question

Gmail attachment to Xero Files?

• 12 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am new to Zapier but I have been looking everywhere for this zap I want to create- it seems like a simple idea but I can't work it out. 

I want to send email attachments from my gmail to Xero Files. I don't want them sent to make an invoice because they might be invoices or bills and I can’t tell the difference from the email or attachment. So I want them sento the Xero Files email address I have. 

I am sure it must be simple but I cna’t work this out. 

thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Peela 

Xero doesn’t have a native action available to upload attachment to an invoice or a bill. However, you can use Webhook by Zapier to make API call to Xero and then take a gmail attachment to upload to Xero as an attachment. This is going to be a bit technical as Xero uses oauth 2.0 authentication and you will need to use Zapier developer portal.

https://platform.zapier.com/quickstart/auth

Outliant

Certified Zapier Expert

automation@outliant.com

Userlevel 1

Mmm. I do not want the attachments sent to an invoice. I want them sent to an email address. That address happens to be the email address that automatically puts the attachments to Files in Xero. Not invoices or bills, but Files. For which I have an email address. Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Peela,

We have an open feature request for the Xero integration for an “Upload Attachment” action. Does that sound like what you’re after? If so I can add your vote to that feature request. That said, I don’t have an ETA on when that feature would become available. 

Will be on the lookout for your response!