Best answer

ERROR TURNING ZAP ON: Missing a secondary auth for ‘(NUM, EMAIL, ‘StreakCLIAPI@1.32.0’)

• 24 January 2022
  • 13 replies

So I’ve used zapier for a while. Not a noob - but not a pro.

Have a fully functioning zap that reads a new email within gmail and then creates a “box” in streak. Great.

Turned off the zap today and tried to turn it back on. Made NO changes to it. Zap won’t turn back on. 

Ran through the zap to make sure everything internal still works - yup. 

Checked connection to gmail. Good.

Checked connection to Streak. Good.

Still can’t enable zap.

Reconnected gmail and streak. Good.

Still can’t enable zap.

Recreated zap from scratch.

Still can’t enable zap.

Weird - So I have a zap that works in reverse too. When the Streak box changes state, it creates an email. I disabled that zap and reenabled with no trouble. So weird.

So here’s the error (which presents slightly different ways depending on where I try to enable the zap):

On ZAPS sidebar tab - I click the OFF button to enable...

Shows me this error:

ERROR TURNING ZAP ON: Missing a secondary auth for ‘(NUM, EMAIL, ‘StreakCLIAPI@1.32.0’)

(NUM is a 7 digit number that I’m not sure if it’s specific to me or what. But they said in description here not to include too much personal info so I left it out. The EMAIL is my gmail address)

So I’d assume it’s some sort of authentication thing between gmail and streak but my streak is working fine within my gmail. And it’s weird that the zap works in reverse…

So I THINK it’s a streak issue but not sure. 

Here’s another way the error presents: 

From within the zap itself, click edit and click this bottom button:

I get this:

So now when I click CONNECT, it shows this error:

Any ideas for me to try? I’d be grateful!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 5 May 2023, 19:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Starting to think maybe it’s a STREAK integration issue that I cannot control…

Going to reach out to Streak team unless someone else has an idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @mattadamsministries

Streak is on the list of Gmail approved apps so it seems like this might be some sort of bug with the Streak integration. I can see that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about this which is great! They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your account to investigate this further and open up a bug report if necessary.

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on! :)

Hey @mattadamsministries

Streak is on the list of Gmail approved apps so it seems like this might be some sort of bug with the Streak integration. I can see that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about this which is great! They’ll be able to dig into the logs for your account to investigate this further and open up a bug report if necessary.

Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on! :)

I’ve reached out to both Zapier and Streak teams for help. Neither has been helpful yet...but too soon to give up hope. 

From Zapier Support:

Hello Matt,

Glad to hear back from you!

I took a deeper dive into this issue and found that we've made some updates to the Streak app on the backend, and need to align the additional Gmail auth requirements with those updates.

I have gone ahead and alerted our team in charge of this integration so that they can review this issue further. While I can't provide an ETA for when this issue might be resolved, we will reach out to you via email once it is.

I wish I had better news for you here, but does that help clarify things a bit? Please let us know if there's anything else you have questions on!

Best regards,

--
Carl Justin Medina - Zapier Support

Bummer...looks like it will be a while before I get resolution. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for keeping us all updated on this, @mattadamsministries

While I’m sorry to hear it is in fact a bug, I’m glad there’s at least a definitive answer. We’ll be sure to send you an email and post in the thread once we know more!

Still nothing. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that @mattadamsministries. While I wish had an update to provide at the moment there isn’t one. Rest assured we’ll send an email as soon as we know more though!

Another week without resolution. :(

Still no resolution. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @mattadamsministries!

I’ve done some checking on the bug report and it appears that there were some recent changes implemented that may have now fixed this. Can you please try reconnecting Gmail to Streak to see if it works now? 

Hey there, @mattadamsministries!

I’ve done some checking on the bug report and it appears that there were some recent changes implemented that may have now fixed this. Can you please try reconnecting Gmail to Streak to see if it works now? 

HA!!! YES!!!

So here’s what I had to do to get it working again (some steps may have been superfluous, but this is what I did in order):

1. Reconnect Gmail and retest connection: Success.
  2. Tried turning on Zap: No success.
  3. Edited Zap and tested internal steps: Success.
  4. Tried turning on Zap from inside the edit area: Required Gmail connection again.
  5. Reconnected Gmail from inside edit area: Success.
  6. Tried turning on Zap from inside edit area: Success!!!!!!

Thank you for the help. So happy to have this important zap back in action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! 🎉 Also so glad to see this. Thanks for sharing the steps you took to get it up and running, @mattadamsministries! We love to see it. 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends - belated update but I wanted to close the loop and let ya’ll know this issue has been resolved!