Best answer

Gform attachment didn't make it to Trello card

• 21 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I used Google forms with trello to create a class directory for my distance learning class as was described in this great post about a company directory. https://blog.trello.com/typeform-company-directory-with-trello.

Everything except uploading the photo attachment worked. On each Trello card the attachment reads "Service Login."

What went wrong?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 August 2020, 22:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide a screenshot of how you have the Zap step configured for mapping this field from the GForm/GSheet value to Trello field.

Userlevel 1

Sure thing.

Immediately below is a readout of the data pulled from a response that did submit a photo.

You can see there’s a file id. On the Trello card, Instead of a file, the attachment was Servicelogin.

Below’s the Create Trello Card part of the Zap. It reports some practice data.  I was unable to upload a jpg at the time I did this bc of Temporary problems with Google. So it reports no file. And in the card there was no file. 

The weird thing is that the forms that did upload a file, the attachment in the card was the mysterious Servicelogin

Thank you.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove identifiable information. Please remember to exclude personal information in this public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You’ll have to add a formatter step to extract the File ID.

Then structure the File Attachment link to be dynamic like this: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=[FILEID]

Replace [FILEID] with the value from the previous step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! Once I figured out the syntax for the regular expression, it totally worked. 

Sadly, the extra step kicks me in the paid plan range. As a teacher who only uses Zaps once in a great great while, I can’t countenance the expense. 

Appreciate the help.