Best answer

GETTING ERROR 426 TRYING TO TURN ON ZAP I CREATED.

• 27 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Has anybody else seen this. my zap won’t turn on. what’s going on??? The help docs won’t tell me why. 

icon

Best answer by KCEO 27 May 2020, 16:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey a 426 error is a standard HTTP status code which tells you that an upgrade is required to perform the action you are trying to do. Does this make sense to you in the context of what you’re trying to do? For example, are you trying to use apps that are not part of your plan? 

Userlevel 2

No, because in Zapier that is not true.

A 426 error is a random error they give for the zapier servers took too long processing the zap. So it wasn’t the apps I was using, since they were all Google apps. I heard back from customer support. My zap was too big to turn on in the editor. But thanks for trying to give me an answer. A  word to the the wise, a Zap should not be over 100 tasks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

LOL! You had a Zap over 100 tasks!!!!!????

What on earth were you trying to do?

Userlevel 2

I am sharing information and updating information from more than a 100 spreadsheets of data so it was big. But I was doing it the long way. I have formulas on some sheets so  was using look up and update tasks. I can make a few changes to split the zap. I just wanted 1 zap to do all. A bit ambitious, but I like having the drafting space. Plus, I can make a copy and decrease both to do separate steps. No biggie. But it was a giant! Haha!