Best answer

Get Shopify inventory/stock and price

Hi guys,

I’m relative new here on the forum. I’m setting up a webflow website with Shopify and I want the inventory/stock and the price on Shopify to be displayed on Webflow. Any thoughts on which Zap integration I can use? I’ve found ‘if customer has paid’ and then live update an item in webflow but I can not find the inventory/stock item to connect to my webflow website.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 8 May 2020, 17:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hey there, it looks like you can do this as an action as part of your zap using the “Find or Create product” action. Does this help?

Thanks for that @Saastronomical but I want it the other way around. So when a product is bought on shopify update the inventory amount on my Webflow website. So the data needs too go from Shopify (inventory/stock) to a Webflow field that displays this amount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Would this not work?

No it does not because I need a paid order that loses one in the inventory to be updated. So basically I need a Zap: Update product, distract the inventory and Zap that to Webflow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

(Did you mean subtract, instead of distract?)

If, so, you can add a step in between these two events using Zapier’s number formatter:

https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-formatter-zapier#numbers

The steps would be as follows:

New Order > Lookup item in Webflow > Use number Formatter to subtract one from current inventory > Update Webflow product with that value

Hmm no that does not work. I need update product not really order. So product A has 10 in stock, 1 is sold so we have 9 left. That 9 is a value I need from Shopify into Webflow. I do not see a connection between a ‘order’ and a ‘product update’ that gives back the inventory :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And there’s no calculation you can do? I’d be surprised if this wasn’t possible, to be honest :thinking:

Yes me too thats why I'm diving in it. But please feel free to try it yourself and connect shopify to Webflow and see if you can update the inventory from Shopify into Webflow. Or maybe come up with something else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@martijnrunia 

Not tried myself, but does the “Webflow->Update Item” step allow you to set the stock number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @martijnrunia,

You can accomplish this with the following Zap workflow:

• Trigger: new paid order (Shopify)
  • Action: Update Inventory Quantity (Shopify)
  • Action: Update Item in Workflow (Workflow)

When updating the inventory quantity in Shopify, make sure you use the field “Customer Orders Count" from step 1 (the new paid order) in the section “Adjust Quantity By”. This way, you will adjust the quantity with the amount of your new paid order.
Then finally, in the webflow step you would use the new Quantity field from step 2 output to change the item in workflow:

Hope this helps you out! Let me know how it goes.

~Bjorn