Best answer

Generating a password for new Zoom meetings

• 3 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

I’d like to create a Zoom meeting with a password as an action. I can do this, but I would prefer not to hardcode a fixed password for every meeting that I create; I would rather generate a password for each new meeting.

I don’t know the library of Zapier code-like actions very well, so if one of you knows off the top of your head, which tools are available to me to do this? I suppose I can just write it directly in Python; what other options might exist?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 7 December 2020, 06:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 2

I’d like to create a Zoom meeting with a password as an action. I can do this, but I would prefer not to hardcode a fixed password for every meeting that I create; I would rather generate a password for each new meeting.

I have just found out that even if I generate a password, I can’t use it when creating the new Zoom meeting, because the step editor for “New Zoom meeting” only accepts hardcoded text.

How do I turn this into a feature request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jbrains 

Sorry this got missed. I’ll flag it to the team so a feature request can be added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @jbrains - So that I may process your request to the right feature, are you looking for the the “Create Meeting” action to be from a unique meeting ID or from your personal meeting ID? Thanks for clarifying!

Userlevel 2

Hi there @jbrains - So that I may process your request to the right feature, are you looking for the the “Create Meeting” action to be from a unique meeting ID or from your personal meeting ID? Thanks for clarifying!

Hello, Steph. In this case, indeed, I want the “Create Meeting” action to create a meeting with a (new) unique meeting ID (and _not_ my personal meeting ID). For these meetings, I’d like the action to also automatically generate and set a random password.

I presume that if I were using my personal meeting ID for this, then it would be potentially chaotic (and maybe not even possible!) to automatically generate a (new) password for each instance of a scheduled future meeting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi. This is something I’m aiming to accomplish as well. I’m just starting my search for a solution. Disappointing to see that it has to be hard coded. I was heading into this with the assumption that I’d be able to refer to a prior step that would have conjured up a password.

Userlevel 1

This is something I am looking for as well. I would ideally like to generate a password and save it so that it can be used in later steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jbrains - Thanks for confirming that information for me! I forgot to respond back to you immediately but I had added you to the feature request mentioned. 

I’ve also added you too @donovanwatts and @dleight - Thanks all!

Userlevel 1

@steph.n Can I be added as well?

Related, our organization is finding that we are unable to make a meeting with the Waiting Room off and Password on. We have to edit each meeting after it is generated. Really glad to see movement on this topic!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Michelle - Trivia Mafia - you have been added to this feature request!