Question

Generate sharable image using values from Glide

Hello everyone :wave_tone1: 

I am looking for way to generate a sharable image based on the values in my Glide app. 

For example: 

I have looked into this but don’t think it fits into my use case. Would appreciate any app recommendation!  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @blackjack,

There are several ways you can try and find out which one works best for you:

1. There is an app in Zapier that can generate image based on html code. At first create an HTML code that illustrates the image layout and use the trigger values within the necessary places in the HTML code. The app is this one: https://zapier.com/apps/htmlcss-to-image/integrations
  2. You can also use Google doc integration to copy a template doc and populate with data from the trigger. Although you can’t get an image, you can get the PDF file of the filled doc using find file option (drive integration)
  3. There are several text-to-image api, you can leverage those using “Webhook by Zapier” and create an image, though that requires a bit technical process.

Hello @robschmidt Thanks for sharing this! 

I tried using method 1 to generate an image but how do I get the image URL so that the user can get/view the image? There is an API for that to GET image but not sure if there is a trigger for this.