With help of Zapier community I’ve built the following process from 2 Zaps, it allows me to create and update calendar entries by entering rows of information in a Sheets spreadsheet.
- Trigger: GSheet - New/Updated Row
- Action: GCal - Create Detailed Event
- Action: GSheets - Update Row (log the GCal Event ID)
- Trigger: GSheets - New/Updated Row
- Action: GCal - Update Event (use the GCal Event ID)
It works well but it creates loads of tasks (and uses up all my tasks) even when no new entries are being made. To the best of my understanding the GCal Event ID keeps regenerating and sending new info between the 2 Zaps.
Is there any way I can filter out this column or use a different ID to recognise the event??