Best answer

from email setting

• 22 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Using Gmail account, the from email shows the gmail address which is undesirable. Is the only option to use another alias from the gmail acct? Or is there some other way to have the receiver of the email see a from email address of my choosing?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 April 2020, 13:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @donfperkins, welcome to the Community!

The ‘From’ email address needs to be an alias that already exists in your Gmail account. If you’re using Google’s Gsuite to manage your Gmail account, then here’s a guide from Google on how to add aliases

If you’re using a Free Gmail account I don’t think that there’s any way to add an alias, which means that there’s no way to change the From email address, sorry about that.

I know that it might seem like a pain, but it’s a security measure to make sure that people can’t simply type in any email address that they want and send emails from that address (which can be used by scammers to make it look like an email is legitimate when it’s not). 

Userlevel 1

That’s understandable. BTW  - you can do alias from free gmail. Works fine.. 

Thanks!