Best answer

Formatter Import a CSV help

• 18 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello Community.

What I need automated:

I get a xlsx file daily from RingCentral that has 2 tabs. Everyday I open the file copy the call data on tab2 and paste it into a Master file in Google Sheets. I want to automate this process.

I am close, however I am running into a problem with Formatter Import a CSV in my Zap.

Here is my current Zap:

1. GMail - Get XLXS attachment
  1. Drive - Copy file to Drive, convert to CSV
  1. Find a File - Find the CSV
  1. Formatter - Import CSV
  1. Looping by Zapier - Loop through rows
  1. Google Sheets - Create Spreadsheet Rows in Master File

My issue:

Step 4, Formatter - Import CSV is only getting sheet tab1. The call data I need to get is on sheets tab2

Any suggestions to solve this, and/or recommendations on how to streamline this zap?

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 July 2021, 17:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @JMlynarek04

I’ve been doing some digging and it seems that it’s possible to get a CSV download link for a specific Google Sheets worksheet:
Download link for Google Spreadsheets CSV export - with Multiple Sheets

So in theory, you could put together a URL using your spreadsheet ID and the worksheet’s name in this format:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/{spreadsheet_ID}/gviz/tq?tqx=out:csv&sheet={worksheet_name}

With that link, you could get a CSV of the second worksheet’s values and import that into the Master Spreadsheet file. You’d need to replace the {spreadsheet_ID} with the spreadsheet ID from the step that uploads the XLS file to Google Drive. And replace {worksheet_name} with the worksheet name, which I’m assuming is the same every time.

Do you think that could work for you here? :)