Best answer

Format message text in MS Teams?

• 27 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We’re a Slack shop, but I’m looking to move us over to MS Teams. I have a LOT of zapier integrations pushing data in to different slack channels and am attempting to replicate that into Teams.

One thing I cannot seem to get to work as I would like is the formatting of the message text that gets sent to Teams via zapier. For example, in slack, the message shows up as:

Data #1: data entry

Data #2: data entry

Data #3: data entry

But this same data going into Teams shows up as:

Data #1: data entry Data #2: data entry Data #3: data entry

Very difficult to read and decipher. No boldfacing, no new lines, etc. It appears that Teams strips out the formatting and layout that zapier has been set to push. Is this by default? If not, how do I get my formatting into Teams?]

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 27 July 2020, 21:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! you can add a little step here called Split text.

Something like this should do it:

Userlevel 1

That did not do any thing other than add ‘#’ between each of my data points.

This is fake data, but this is the actual output after using the formatter:

output
Run Number: 43-65-12345# Priority: Priority 3# ETA Given:7/27/2020-12:04# Scene: Janus General ER# Zone: Station 1# Age: 354 y/o Female# Destination: Regional Trauma Center# Chief Complaint: I don’t feel well# Notes: Other notes here

Does anyone know...does MS Teams strip out formatting from Zapier? Because Slack gets the output I expect.

I’m a complete newbie but I just did this with standard HTML formatting e.g. your normal b and /b for bold and br for line breaks etc.

Userlevel 1

@jjx - ugh..that’s a LOT of work….for something that should just work automatically...I’ve already done the boldface/line breaks/returns inside of the slack messaging w/o having to resort to html formatting. At least zapier+slack are smart enough to understand it & push out what I’ve already set.