Best answer

First Time Zapper - Only limited data showing up in the Find Data step.

• 8 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I'm setting up my first Zap. Trying to link data from JotFrom to SalesForce.  I've reached the point of “Find Data”.  I’m only getting what I would call header information as shown below. But none of the fields below that (not shown) are populated.

id 4646988671472921230 form_id 201255910889057 ip 70.177.117.41 created_at 2020-05-07 17:14:28 status ACTIVE new 1 flag 0 notes   updated_at null fields
icon

Best answer by kbeisly 21 May 2020, 12:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! What are you trying to find? Salesforce will normally expect you to be specific about the object and the field you’re searching by

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m still in the Jotform to Zapier part - When this happens.   In a training video, it shows how sample data records are pulled in so you can verify the type of data that is brought in.  I’m seeing several SAMPLE records but none of them show any of the data that was in the form, just the header record, IP address and such. 

I’ll have lots more questions about the Salesforce linkage.  I need a tutor!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you please share a screenshot?

Userlevel 3
Badge

See the attached images.  My expectation was that the fields from this sample record would be populated with the data I posted in the JotForm when I tested it. I can see the date in JotForm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My only question here - Is are you sure all of that data is included in the Jotform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @kbeisly ,

Did you send the submissions before, or after the moment you were “testing” the Zap workflow? Zapier normally doesn’t include any kind of historical data. So you would have to send a submission the moment the Zap workflow gets tested.

Let me know!

~Bjorn

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the tip Bjorn.  I’ve tried this with 2 different forms with the same result.  Even after submitting a  test right after clicking Load More, then clicking that again. I see the new record but am not seeing any of the data.  I can see the data in JotForm.  So I’m guessing I have flaw in my Jotform to Zapier connection?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kbeisly!

When you’re connecting JotForm to Zapier, which options did you select from this popup:

Are you 100% sure you chose the options that match what’s in your account settings? You can see in the image above where to go, to double-check that.

Userlevel 3
Badge

We resolved this by deciding to manage any medical information directly in Salesforce. So changing our answer to NO regarding HIPAA compliance solved the problem. I’m focused now on all our non-medical forms.