Best answer

Firebase/Zapier not finding recent records

• 24 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I reported this issue to support but it is jut not working for me that they answes after several hours and that the initial response doesn’t even make sense.

I have a Zap to bring data from Firebase but it is not finding recent records. I saw someone else posted the issue but there was no real guidance on this. The only thing the documentation mentions is this:

our records need to be ordered lexicographically or by priority so new records appear at the top.

A simple way to accomplish this is by calling setWithPriority and using Firebase.ServerValue.TIMESTAMP to order by timestamp.

But that’s not helping either.

Any guidance on this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 30 June 2021, 01:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Charles 

Are you using a structured query for your firebase trigger?

Would you mind sharing screenshots of how your Zap Trigger step is set up? 

Userlevel 1

Hey @GetUWired I ended up figuring it out. Support was not helpful at all. Thanks for responding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Charles!

I see that you provided some helpful feedback to our Support team so I’m going to share that here to help others who might find this thread :)

Firebase has a UI that makes it easy to verify the query but I found it after hours spent asking around.

Incidentally, we do also have some information in our help docs about creating a Firestore structured query for a trigger:

https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-firebase#creating-a-firestore-structured-query-for-a-trigger