Best answer

Firebase "We couldn't find a record" issue

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’ve been trying to integrate Firebase to Zapier, and I’m having some issues. The first thing is that, when attempting to select a certain collection I need to select and type in the field I want as the field isn’t appearing under the “collection” drop down list. I’m not sure if Zapier just isn’t registering certain collections within my firebase?

I used the https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-firebase link to phase through common problems like the query contents, but upon testing the trigger to find contents of the collection, I get the error:

We couldn’t find a record

Create a new record in your  Firebase / Firestore (my account) account and test your trigger again.”

The collection very much exists, so I'm unsure of what to do to connect the two as it was working fine a few weeks ago. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 June 2020, 17:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @crazink1 ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I see you are working with Clint in Support on troubleshooting this issue. I will let them continue to dig into your specific Zap here to get you squared away. 

In the meantime, just let us know if you have any additional questions- happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m following up here with what the answer to this was in case someone has a similar question 🙂

It looks like you and Clint found out that the issue was that the records that you were looking for were under a different subcategory. As the solution requires detailed knowledge of how to structure Firebase data queries, Clint recommend that you ask on StackOverflow if anyone can help you to craft the query that’s needed for this.