Best answer

Finding Evernote notes and adding a tag if certain conditions are met

• 7 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys, is it possible to find Evernote notes with a certain tag (e.g. Blank), parse a date out of the title, then give them a new tag (e.g. Delete) if that date is in the past?

icon

Best answer by mattgammarayz 8 January 2020, 11:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I'm glad that you were able to find a neat way to clear your Evernote - I need to get better at keeping my note app tidy!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how it could be achieved with Zapier 😀

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers

Thanks very much for your help here. I'm looking for the 'Existing Notes' option, as I'm doing this to keep my Evernote neat. Basically I already use a great zap to generate notes for specific meeting invites I get through Outlook. Sometimes I use these notes, but sometimes I don't need them so can delete after (if I remember). It would be great to delete any notes that are still blank after a certain time has passed. 

However, I have worked out a solution through Siri Shortcuts. It needs running once a month, but I've set up an automated notification.

In case anyone is interested in how it works / thinks this can be replicated in Zapier, here are the steps:

- Scheduled middle of every month

- Get current date

- Minus 1 month

- Formats date to match evernote date in title

- Searches for notes with that date in title and tag - 'Blank'

- Shows Notes in Quick look

- Option to delete the notes, or not

Seems to work well. Anyway, though, I'm happy to be part of the Zapier community as I'm sure I'll have questions from future zaps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mattgammarayz, thanks for joining the community!

The thing to check is whether you'll be looking at new notes that come in or whether you want to scan all of your existing notes.

If it's the first one, then you can use a zap that looks a bit like this:

New note

Filter step based on tag

Edit note to edit tag

If you'd like to look at all existing notes, then zapier isn't really designed for that, but you could work around it if you're able to export the notes - at least the titles and the tags. You could then copy and paste the list to a Google sheet and use that as the trigger for the zap.

Let me know what you think!