Best answer

Find Trello Card action - card not found

• 24 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey there,

I want to create a 3-step Zap on our business account (not this one), with: event X → find Trello card → update Trello card with different name.

Zapier can’t find the initial Trello card in question, although it uses the same name format I am using in another Zap, where it creates said card. 

I can’t pick a specific card from the list, Zapier first has to find it.
I find a similar issue but it has no resolution. 

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 August 2021, 16:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ClaudiaAmpler 

Can you post screen shots of how your Zap step is configured?

NOTE: It must be an exact match, so check to make sure there are no leading/trailing spaces.

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-trello#i-want-to-find-a-card-in-trello-by-something-other-than-its-name

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to add that if another Zap is creating the card in Trello, and the Zap that searches for it runs at the same time, then that could well be why it’s not being found.

If both Zaps are attempting to create and search for the card at the same time then it’s likely not giving Trello enough time to process the card creation. Adding a Delay For action (just before the Find Card step) set to 1 or 2 mins, should help to give Trello enough time to finish creating the card before the other Zap searches for it. 

That said, if that’s not the case and the card is added well in advance of the Zap searching for it, and the names are an exact match, then it may be best to contact our Support Team to further investigate why the card isn’t being found.