Best answer

Field created in Zapier Email Parser not showing up on Zaps

• 12 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am new to email parsing and hopefully someone can help me out with this. I receive a copy of an email that I mail out to clients with another software program.  I set up an email parse using Zapier to extract information from that email. I extracted the “Subject Line” and the “Email Recipient” fields so I can create another zap.  I named the “Email Recipient” extracted field “client-email”.

The  “Client-Email” field  shows up in the body of the parsed email when I manually forward the email to the Zapier mailbox.  Which is how I was able to create the field that needed.

However, when I set up the emails to automatically forward to the Zapier inbox, the “Client-Email” field is missing from the body in the Zapier Mailbox.

When creating a zap, the subject line, email recipient (which is where the Zapier mailbox name address is) show up when I creating a zap, but not the  “Client-Email” field even though I parsed it.

How can I get my  “Client-Email” field to show up in the Zapier Mailbox or on the zaps I create?  

icon

Best answer by steph.n 27 May 2020, 19:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

Given that this will require some troubleshooting inside of our Email Parser app, I'm escalating this to our Support team. They can provide you with the attention you need to resolve this issue in a timely fashion! 

Sorry to bounce you around, but they really will be best equipped to help you out with this one :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Dlewis1212 - It’s been a while since we heard back about this. I’m sorry we couldn’t get the Zap working the way we had hoped for you! We understand that the “Email-to:” sample wasn’t showing up and that was a data point that you were hoping to use and have in your Zap. As Andy of Zapier Support mentioned, if you decide you would like to retry making the Zap again, we’ll be here to help should you need us.