Best answer

Add new Facebook Page videos to Discord channel

• 18 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to send a notification to a discord channel/server each time a video is posted in a Facebook Page. In case it helps, a video is posted every day (or maybe only from Monday to Friday). I’ve been trying with an FB account I manage but it does not work.

Does anyone know if this is possible or not?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 September 2021, 11:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Reca

Welcome to the Community! :)

You can use the New Post to Your Timeline trigger for Facebook Pages and the Send Channel Message action in Discord for this workflow.

In order to only post in Discord if it’s a video though, you’ll need to use a Filter by Zapier step, inbetween the Facebook Pages and Discord step. This will allow the Zap to check the post’s Type field. If it contains the word video then that should indicate that it’s a video. 

You can find out more about using Filter steps in your Zap here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!

Is it also correct if I use New Post by You in order to filter all posts in the Facebook Page? As far as I know, the Page will only post videos, and occasionally some change of the profile pic, contact info, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad I could help @Reca! :) 

That’s correct, you could use the New Post by You trigger instead as the Type field is present with that trigger as well.

The main difference between the two is that it would only trigger for posts added by the connected account specifically. The New Post to Your Timeline trigger would trigger when anyone, including the connected Facebook account, posts to the Facebook Page’s timeline.