Best answer

Extract ONE mail from Google agenda event

• 1 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there ! I’m discovering Zapier. What a beautiful tool ! But I face an issue…

My purpose is the following :

1. I create a google agenda event with specific text content and with ONE invitee who has a specific email address.
  2. Automatically, an email is sent to my invitee, displaying few informations (date of meeting and google meet link)
  3. Automatically again, my Pipedrive invitee Deal is updated

And here is how I planned to create those automations :

1. Create a link between My Google calendar and Zapier, that detect a specific text in my Google agenda events (and that’s ok - it works pretty well)
  2. Find the invitee email inside my event and use it to update my deal...

But I’m facing this issue : I can’t separate MY email from the invitee email.
It’s to say that Zapier finds my event and different informations inside it. But when it comes to emails addresses, I got something like this :

The thing is I would like to send and email UNIQUELY to my invitee, not to me. And I can’t find a way to only consider my invitee email.

Furthermore, the attendees emails addresses order is not alway the same… Something my invitee email address is the first (1:), and sometime the second (2:)…

I have a lot of idea but can’t find a way to achieve my purpose.

Considering the third automation, I think I already know how to do it. But I’m stuck on the second…

Do you have any ideas to help me solve my issue ?

My english may not be very clear, I’m French, sorry I made my best :) 

Thank you veeeery much

Francis

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 April 2021, 19:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Francisl 

Give this a try…

If there will always only be 2 email addresses on the EVENT, then try adding these steps to the Zap to isolate the email address.

Replace your email with a blank value.

Then Extract the remaining email address of the invitee.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Francisl 

Give this a try…

If there will always only be 2 email addresses on the EVENT, then try adding these steps to the Zap to isolate the email address.

Replace your email with a blank value.

Then Extract the remaining email address of the invitee.

Hey ! Thank you so much, I will give this a try and will keep you informed. So cool :D 

Userlevel 1

It works like a charm, thank you !!

Discovering Zapier makes me hungry of more complicated things… 

So… I have a new question...

How should I proceed if I want to extract the email address of a NEW invitee ?

I want to be able to add new peoples (one by one) to my Google calendar event, and that Zapier detect only the emails addresses…

How would you do it ?

Considering that it should detect new people added only in Events with a specific name…

I tried to create a new Zap but can’t achieve my goal.

Any advices ? :)

Thank you :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francisl 

More advanced isolation of data may have to involve a custom Code step: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help