Question

exporting old data from airtable

Hello . The zap I built does the following: every time a new record appears in airtable and it exports it to a google sheet.

Trigger is 1. New Record in View in Airtable

Action2. Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets

Action3. Update Record in Airtable

The airtable view I am using has some filters, for inctance if a specific word is part of a slack incident channel name, year is 2021, 2020 and 2019

I would like to be able to export data from previous dates, also from last year.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @curious_mind 

In my opinion, a one time export of historical data would be the best solution since it would save on task consumption (https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/202624339-Exporting-records-in-a-view-to-CSV)

but you could also modify the view filters allowing older records to trigger the zap. 

Hello GetUWired and thank you for your reply. I highly appreciate it.

I am searching how can I do a synchronization, in case a recently new record or an old one in airtable gets modified and to have the change apply in the google sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@curious_mind 
In that case, I would recommend changing your trigger to New or Updated Record in Airtable. 
then have a search action that searches Google Sheets for the record. 
Finally, an action to update the found record. 

Thank you. I highly appreciated it.
if you allow me, i would like to ask something which bothers me. Even though I have all the correct fields connected in the Action step, in google sheets for one of the columns I get this type of string → recruC5aWZFldftg3, instead of the cell’s value from airtable which is a text.

What am I doing wrong or am I missing something?

Kind regards