Question

Exporting events from Google-sheets towards Google-Agenda using Zapier

I'm trying to create automated events from a Google Sheets toward a Google Agenda, using Zapier. As a farmer (mushroom cultivation), i have a lot logistic flow to manage. I order goods from various suppliers and the following spreadsheet (see Zapier worksheet) specify when a shipment may occur, thus implying that I put an employee to manage the shipment.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't work. I have only succeeded to make a test event for the current date, no more.

I identify follwing problems :

1. Title, description, date are returning a "no data" message
  2. Start & ending hour are returning "#NA" message
  3. "Location" seems to work

The trigger is set on "title", as if there is schedule changes, this row will be the first impacted.

Thanks for help !

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LeChampignonUrbain

Check out these help articles related to Google Calendar: https://zapier.com/apps/google-calendar/help

Otherwise, please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

Thanks fo anserwing. I follow several tutorials, Zapier’s one included, but i never manage to make it work.

Here’s a step by step :

Trigger setup

Action setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeChampignonUrbain 

Looks like the example you’re using to test the Zap configuration doesn’t have values for many of the data points, so try using a different example that has data populated for those fields.

Yes, i saw that, this is exactly what I said in my first post. I tried different row formating but nothing work except for “location” !

All the cells are auto-filled with formulas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeChampignonUrbain

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

FYI: Based on your screenshots you’re example being used to manually test is using data from Row 100 in the GSheet, which appears to have no data for many of the data points mapped in the Zap step to create the GCal Event, hence why it’s not working.

Trigger setted up to “Title”

Test trigger :

Originally setup was made with ROW C

I made a test using ROW A : not really better, except the fact that the test event have a truncated title (“réception batch “ instead of “réception batch 2101 MIN shiitake euro for example”)

I made a test using ROW B : the same

I tried to setup up a new trigger with “date” but have not seen improvments.

I saw your message about data usage from ROW 100; there’s no data after this point effectivly. But how can i force Zapier to use data from row 1 (or 2) ?

Thanks for your help,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeChampignonUrbain

The GSheets trigger will pull the newest/most recently updated rows it detects, so try updating values in the desired rows.

Bottom Line: If the data returned from the GSheets trigger has null/blank/empty/missing/unavailable data points then the actions steps won’t behave as expected, so you may need to add a Filter step to check those data points exists before proceeding in the Zap.

Ok, I tried to update content for all critical rows. I even created a new worksheet.

I also cleared alls rows after 50

But nothing work, the zap still ignore rows below 100 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeChampignonUrbain At this point, I suggest you submit a support ticket to Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Ok, thanks for your patience ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeChampignonUrbain 

Please share your solution back here with the Community if you get the issue resolved with Zapier Support.

Zapier support responded to my request. It is possible that auto filled formula makes the Zap unable to trigger.

To bypass the problem, i created a column user-filled, and used it as a trigger.

Seems to work, but there’s another problem :

Date and hour formatting i’m using is absolutely not recognized by Zappier, and my Zaps are pulled in odd years like 2056 :(. Sometimes date is just ignored and all my Zaps are created at the same moment. I’m in France, and so put the Paris Timezone in Zapier and Sheets.

I tried several formatting possibilities but no great success. 

What is the date format used by zappier ? And hour format ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LeChampignonUrbain 

What is the date format used by zappier ? And hour format ?

The date/time formats are defined by the app that you are sending data to, not Zapier.

Is the event created on the wrong date, specifically with the month and day switched?

Regardless of the settings in your Google Calendar, data sent through their API (as Zapier does) must be in MM/DD/YYYY format. So, if you try to send an event for April 7, 2021 as 07/04/2021, Google Calendar will interpret that as July 4, 2018. The dates need to be in MM/DD/YYYY format to ensure Google Calendar adds the event to the correct date(s). If your trigger is sending the data in DD/MM format, you can use a Formatter step to reformat the date.