Question

Eventbrite to Zoom Reg: How to match extra reg questions?

• 6 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi -

I’m using the Eventbrite to Zoom registration zap (by Zapier, I think?)

I had to set all custom questions in the Zoom webinar registration to Not Required. Otherwise, I kept getting an error 300, field empty. It was a simple Yes/No question. Is it possible to match Eventbrite reg questions with the questions in Zoom reg?

Ex. Eventbrite reg question: Are you a member of xyz?

Zoom reg question is the same, but they will not match up apparently.

Thanks for help or suggestions to try.

Jeff

–––––––

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

When trying to use data from one app as a custom value for a different app, you’ll typically use something like our lookup table to “convert” the output from the first app into something the second app will understand.

If you can see the custom questions on the Zoom step, you can click to see the dropdown and then the text that’s in gray is what Zoom will have to see there. So here, for example, if you had “yes” and “no” coming from one app it likely wouldn’t work to make a custom value and map that exact field because Zoom wants to see this:

Does that help to point you in the right direction?

Userlevel 1

Thanks -

It helps partially. But, I don’t know if the True/False screen shot you showed is an example, or if Zoom really “wants to see” that for a Yes/No question. By the way, I was able to see the custom questions from both sides (Eventbrite and Zoom) and the questions were in fact identical, but the Zap kept complaining that one Yes/No field was empty (in Eventbrite) but all entries had a Yes or No selected (radio button.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Jeff,

That screenshot was just an example of which text is the one that you’d enter if you were using a custom value.

Would you be able to show me a screenshot of what you’re seeing? That will give me a better idea of what could be happening there :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NdnaJnz!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)