Best answer

Eventbrite to Zoom - How to transfer custom questions?

Userlevel 1

Hi -

I’ve used the Eventbrite-to-Zoom Zap for two webinars now and it works great, except I can’t get the custom questions to transfer to Zoom custom questions. In fact, I can’t get the Zoom custom questions to even show up in the Zoom step (step 2). I just now was able to get the normal “profile” fields (city, company, etc.) to transfer to Zoom, but how can I get the custom questions to work? Or show up in the Zoom step?

Thanks,

Jeff

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 26 August 2020, 23:50

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @NdnaJnz ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay!

Could you share your configuration with us- mainly which Trigger and Action you’re using? This will help us dig deeper!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz - 

I am using the pre-built Eventbrite registration-to-Zoom registration:

Trigger = New attendee registered in Eventbrite

Action = Create Registrant in Zoom

I have 5 questions in Eventbrite, 4 of which are Yes/No radio buttons, but I cannot get any of them to transfer to the Zoom registration.

I have received previous “piecemeal” responses from Zapier Support about making identical questions on Zoom, marking Lastname as “required’, and marking the custom questions as not “required.” None of that makes much sense, and a clear complete explanation of exactly how to make those custom questions work between the two apps would be a boon to people trying to do this.

Thanks,

Jeff

–––––––

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Jeff, I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with your Zoom Zap.

It sounds like you’re using the Create Registrant action and see custom fields from Zoom (though you can see other fields). This is a known limitation with the Create Registrant with an action, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open for the addition of custom fields and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the Zoom team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

Hi Liz - 

I am using the pre-built Eventbrite registration-to-Zoom registration:

Trigger = New attendee registered in Eventbrite

Action = Create Registrant in Zoom

I have 5 questions in Eventbrite, 4 of which are Yes/No radio buttons, but I cannot get any of them to transfer to the Zoom registration.

I have received previous “piecemeal” responses from Zapier Support about making identical questions on Zoom, marking Lastname as “required’, and marking the custom questions as not “required.” None of that makes much sense, and a clear complete explanation of exactly how to make those custom questions work between the two apps would be a boon to people trying to do this.

Thanks,

Jeff

–––––––

We are having the ‘exact’ same problem as Jeff. We’ve also received the ‘exact’ same piecemeal response from Zapier. a) can you provide a time-frame in which Zapier will resolve this problem? b) Please add us to the ‘interested user’ list so that we receive a response as well.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @IPLLC - Thanks for letting us know. I’ve added you to the interested user list as requested.

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

If I’m understanding correctly, I’m having a similar issue, though not the same exact issue. Our Zoom registration page has two custom questions in it, and I’d like Zapier to isolate one of those custom questions to use as a Search Value against a Salesforce Field To Search By. Right now, the Search Value dropdown only lets me select “Custom Questions”, as in both of them at once, rather than isolating the second custom question and leaving out the first, if that makes sense.

If the upcoming solution would fix this, I’d like to be added to the list of users to be notified. Or, if you could point me to a solution that allows me to select a specific Custom Question as a Search Value, that’d be great. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’d like to add that this seems to be a pretty crucial feature one would expect to have available. A lot of Eventbrite events use custom questions and it’s necessary for us to export that data or create conditional paths based on it. In fact, I’m finding that the Eventbrite-Zapier integration is pretty much impossible to use given my organization’s needs - we will need to use non-Zapier workarounds for exporting our data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@markkaschak and @Angus - I have added you both to the interested user list to get this feature. Thanks!

Hi Jeff, I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with your Zoom Zap.

It sounds like you’re using the Create Registrant action and see custom fields from Zoom (though you can see other fields). This is a known limitation with the Create Registrant with an action, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open for the addition of custom fields and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the Zoom team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

I have the same issue and would like this feature as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @yuki-tvwl!

I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request for the addition of custom fields, which means that you’ll get an email when we have an update from Zoom on that 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

To everyone who was requesting this feature, I just wanted to let y’all know (you should have received an email as well) that it’s been added :) 

We just wrapped this up by adding Custom Questions to the latest version of the Zoom app.

I’m using the ‘Create Zoom meeting registrants for new attendees registered in Eventbrite’ Zap. I’m unable to map title and organization data to Zoom (it’s coming from Eventbrite). I don’t see any options for custom fields in this Zap. Is there another Zap.

Note that I’m mapping registrants to Zoom Meetings, not Zoom Webinars.

This is all I’m seeing as registrant field options: