Question

Event in Stripe when subscription data ends

• 16 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi there!

I’ve connected my Stripe account to my email client (Mailerlite) when somebody are subscribed, when somebody do a payment… Because we offer dance classes and there is 2 type of subscription: per month or per year.

I cannot find a trigger that helps me when subscription is cancelled as I want, because there is one specifically doing this but works when user do the action of cancelling the subscription but here an example: User X paid year subscription 15th of march 2021, then it finish 15th march 2022, but user X at 16th of march 2021 decides to click “cancel suscription” to not be charged next year. 

How can I set a trigger that works when arrives 15th march 2022 (following the example) and not when user X click the cancelling button?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hey @rebailastudio, did adding filters work?  Let us know!

Thanks Marina, I’ll try using filters! Let’s see if it works...

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @rebailastudio!

Did you manage to figure out a way for only subscriptions cancelled at the end of the billing period to continue through the Zap?

If there is some way to identify in the trigger data, when it is a customer who cancelled, I wonder if a Filter could work. Read more about Filters here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters

Hope that helps and feel free to let the Community know how you got on if you’ve figured this out already!  

@rebailastudio

The Stripe Canceled Subscription will trigger when the subscription is canceled, either by a Subscriber OR due the end of a billing period, which wouldn’t involved the user.

Does that answer your question?

Yes but then how can I choose “due to end of billing period” in the “Stripe canceled subscription”? It says by a subscriber also, this is what is actually happening and don’t know then how to config that.

Thanks for help Troy 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rebailastudio 

The Stripe Canceled Subscription will trigger when the subscription is canceled, either by a Subscriber OR due the end of a billing period, which wouldn’t involved the user.

Does that answer your question?

Yes, and it does what I mean, just cancel subscription when the user clicks “cancel plan”… 

Thanks for the fast reply 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rebailastudio 

Have you tried this Stripe trigger?