Best answer

Error when creating Hubspot Engagement from Google Form

• 6 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Situation:
I am creating a Zap to move submitted form info from a Google Form to Hubspot (,as the Hubspot Workflows doesn’t support creation of an Engagement).

Steps:

• Form submission
  • Create Engagement, with Create Note and Body of note containing all the fields from the Form submit
  • I have tried to map against “Emails of the Contacts Objects...” with custom field the email field from the form, but it gives the below error.

Invalid input JSON on line 1, column 112: Cannot deserialize value of type `com.hubspot.engagements.base.EngagementsProtos$Associations` from String "my.email@gmail.com": not a valid long value

(actual email anonymised here)

What am I doing wrong? How do I map against a Contact email in Hubspot? (as the contact email very likely will exist already) Or should I first make a Zap to create the Contact?

Thank you in advance!!

icon

Best answer by PeterSterkenburgBrella 9 October 2020, 08:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@PeterSterkenburgBrella 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It sounds like we’ll need to take a closer look at your Zap to see what the trouble is here. I’m going to pass your message to the Support Team who can dig into this with you, someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! And yes, I did figure it out: just didn’t have time to update here yet!

Additional question: how do I automatically map the Note to the Contact owner? Not sure what to put in what field. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @PeterSterkenburgBrella - Looks like you did the right thing here by directing your question to our support team. 

Would you be so kind as to share the resolution that lead you to getting the Zap to work? I’m not seeing it and it would help others to know how you did it. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Solution:

Had to use 2 fields to fill in from the Form:

Here is the whole Zap:

https://zapier.com/shared/7cf5932966e4c07e249547b3b53da16a9772da57