Best answer

Error: The request limit has been reached for the resource.

Userlevel 1

I have a single zap that collects ebay sales and sends me an email message. Typically it finds maybe 5 orders per day in eBay that should trigger the zap

I am getting the error “The request limit has been reached for the resource.” 

It appears that I need to add a filter to reduce the trigger frequency of this zap.

I have had a look at the Filter function but can not see anything that deals with limiting the use/frequency of testing.

Thank you in advance!!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 17 August 2020, 23:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @BruceL 

Can you show us how the trigger step is setup?

Thanks!

We have the same issue. We have it set up as follows:

App: eBay

Choose Trigger Event: New Order

Then it just posts a message to our slack channel about the order

Userlevel 1

As per your request

App: eBay

Trigger event: New Order

Account: ebay@pcx.com.au

Regards, Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BruceL & @Volte 

Can you show us screenshots of your setup - it makes things easier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @Volte - and can you show us the error.

Userlevel 1

I have the same error.  I emailed and they said it was nothing I had done on my part and that it should not happen any longer.  However the next time I sold an item I continued to have the issue.  My data is being moved to Airtable though.  So I just ignore the error.  When I first started using the zap it worked great, not sure what has changed to cause this email notification.

Userlevel 1

Re CottageConservator

Thank you for the info - It appears that there is a bug that reports a problem that is not relevant.. anyway as long as it works is important issue for me!!

This is a very annoying and troublesome problem.  I have alerted Zapier for several months now about the increasing number of Error alert emails I’m getting and the best advice they could offer was to write a rule in my email program to move them to the trash.

I use Zaps to alert me to sales on eBay via an HTML email that I forward to my suppliers, post a sales receipt to Quickbooks, and to create the customer in Quickbooks.  I have had to turn off all the QBO Zaps due to the number or errors I was receiving and the late creation in QBO of the transaction. 

But I need the email notification to send to my supplier and they have become very late, if ever in arriving, and hav been spawning an error email from Zapier, just like shown above, that “the request limit has been reached”

This really is unacceptable on Zapiers part and they need to prioritize the fix.  I don’t need them to query eBay every 2 or 15 minutes to check on sales.  I thought the point of the API and the Zap that says “Upon New Order” should be the event that finds and processes the Zaps, not a timer that stupidly checks every few minutes to see if there is an order.  If I were eBay I would stop this too, this is a sign of a poorly written and badly behaving API.

Hi All!

Did your issues only start at the end of March? 

I am new to zapier and have been getting the same error message as you even though I haven’t completed an Ebay zap yet.  On looking through the Ebay Developer’s site, I came across this blog post saying that from 31 March 2020, the Ebay Finding API will only work over HTTPS now.  Could that have anything to do with the issues we’re seeing.  I’m not very technically savvy, so I’m not sure.  Here’s the link: https://developer.ebay.com/news/https-only-finding-api

Same problem here… after reading NIQH’s post I did a search and sure enough, it started the beginning of March for me, the 5th… had for years and never an error til now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ok, everyone...

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @BruceL @Volte @CottageConservator @BobK @NIQH @HBSteve!

We’re tracking this from our end, and I’ve added you all as affected users for that eBay issue. When it’s resolved you’ll be notified via email. 

So very sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to fix this.

I reported this error back in February and never got a reasonable reply other than “we’re working on it”.  I’ve run three decent sized software companies in my past life and debugging a published API like eBay’s is not rocket science.  The issue is always prioritizing resources to work on the problem.  If Zapier had to refund money every time they created an error like this for paying users, that would move issues like this to the top of the resource priorities list.

I’ve just tried setting up an Ebay zap again and I’m not getting that error message first thing anymore, so hopefully whatever was causing it has been fixed and was the source of everyone else’s issues.

I’ve just tried setting up an Ebay zap again and I’m not getting that error message first thing anymore, so hopefully whatever was causing it has been fixed and was the source of everyone else’s issues.

Don’t hold your breath.  I thought I was being devious by doing the same thing yesterday.  I have 36 error messages in my email and missed a ZAP to create a sales order last night.  Sale occurred at 9:30pm, finally got the Zap at 2am along with the error emails.

I’ve noticed an interesting trend that might help find the bug.  I start receiving the annoying emails with “resource limit reached” at around 7pm and for my account one is generated every 15 minutes until 2am (Central Time).  The alerts stop and then don’t seem to start up again until the next day at 7pm.  This has occurred that way, that I can verify, for the last several day.  It may have been going on longer than that, but I typically empty my email trash daily and can’t verify the timing on past days.

Hi @BruceL @Volte @CottageConservator @BobK @NIQH @HBSteve!

We’re tracking this from our end, and I’ve added you all as affected users for that eBay issue. When it’s resolved you’ll be notified via email. 

So very sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to fix this.

I have been receiving the email notices of an error (resource limit reached) every day starting around 7pm (CDT) until 2am (CDT) every 15 minutes.  I have saved these error emails for the last four days and they are consistently delivered in that span of time for at least the last four days, and given that I have been receiving them for a long time, I suspect it is for far longer than four days.  I just never kept them long enough to try and track what causes them and when the error situation arises.

Hey,

New user running into this same error. Would love to raise my hand and be notified if this ends up working again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Adaml I’ve added you to the list of users, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

As of May 18th, this issue has been resolved (anyone added as an affected user would have been emailed at that time).