Best answer

Email with custom content after paid order

Userlevel 1

Hello all! 
My company’s got a Landingi web page and they want to sell online courses on it. The problem is that these courses are held on a third-party website and the only thing we can sell to a customer is login and password to that course website. So, what we want to do is to create a fully automatic system that will send an email to customer after transaction is paid. The email shall contain those login data which it’ll get from local database (don’t know what this database will be yet, though I suppose Ms Excel file or any kind of database program file). Each user will have different login and password, so each email will have to get data from different cells. An email prepared like this shall be sent to customer right after they pay for the order. 

So to sum up, customer pays for item and right after that an email containing custom data gotten from local file is sent to them. Each email’s custom data is different.

As far as I’ve researched sending email after paid order is easy. Just one integration (for example Shopify + Gmail). But how to do it so each email contains different content and this content is gotten from local file. 
Do you guys happen to know how to do it? Would be really really happy if you did :))

Thanks in advance, have a wonderful day! 

P.S. If anything is unclear, feel free to ask. Sorry, but English isn’t my first language and I might have made some mistakes. 

icon

Best answer by Satya09 11 May 2022, 12:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Powerful Noob! First off, your post (and English) is super clear. 😁 But a few more questions for you so we can help you better:

1. What third-party tool are you using for the courses?
  2. How are the logins for this third-party tool created? Are you batch creating a bunch of logins and then just working your way down the list or are the credentials created specifically for each purchase?
  3. How will the logins from the third-party tool get into your database of choice?

I’m asking the above questions because I’m wondering if there’s anything on the other tool we can automate to clean up the middle of this workflow.

Let us know! Looking forward to tackling this workflow with you.

Userlevel 1

Hello! Thank You very much for response. So, to not waste time, let’s move on to answering the questions:

1. This third-party tool is simply a web page using account system. Each user can have their own account to which they can log in using login and password given by us. This data is what we want to send to customer after completed transaction. 

2. We were thinking about creating a list of logins and then just working our way down it, just as You said. Although, if there is any easier and cheaper method for creating specific login for each user, that would be cool too 😜 

3. I think we will just manually copy them into our list. I am not yet sure about how all of it shall happen, so I’m just assuming this whole process, but I think we’ll manually create this whole list. Today I’ll get some info on it and come back later. And again, although this is how we imagined it at first, if there was some way to automate this, we’d be very happy 😉 

By the way, I’ve got some more info about this database. Regarding our web page I was thinking about integrating it through Zapier with Gmail. It’s got a lot of functions and, well, it’s made by Google, so I think it’ll be quite safe to use it. 😜 So, I was thinking that maybe the best way to create that database would be to use Google Sheets integration? We’ll probably just need one sheet with two columns for login and password, maybe a third to assign a pair of data to customer’s email, but that’s not necessary. What do You think about it? Or would it be easier to implement database as a local file, for example Excel’s .xls format? To be honest, I don’t think so, but I’m not any pro, so let me just listen to what You’ve got to say 😁

Oh, almost forgot. One more thing. Shouldn’t be very hard to do, but just want to make sure it’ll be possible. After completing the transaction, customer shall receive an email with login data from us. But that’s not the only email we’d like to send. One more shall be sent to us, containing informations about the customer, like name, surname, email and phone number. Would we be able to do something like this? 

I’ll try to make a scheme of this whole system and post it right there, so it’ll clear things up a bit. Hope it’ll help to fully understand what we’d like to do. 

Anyways, thank You again very much for Your response! 
I too am looking forward into this! 😊
Have a wonderful day! 

Userlevel 1

Ok, so here are schemes of two ideas how I see this whole system. Hope it explains some things better than plain text. Let me know what You think about it 😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Powerful Noob 

This is Satya Raju and I have worked with many Course Creators for automations to share course access details immediately after payment confirmation.

For your usecase I have some suggestions from my experience

You can definitely send an automated email with access details connecting zapier and gmail app but for this kind of scenario I would suggest using a robust email marketing software like ActiveCampaign.

ActiveCampaign can send Custom Personalized Emails and you can see whether the person opened/clicked link in email or not based on which you can directly resend an email after 1 day if they miss to open that email.

Regarding payments yes you can use WooCommerce or Shopify and connect with your payment gateway.With the trigger as New Purchase in WooCommerce or New Order in Shopify checking the payment status through a filter.Only if the payment is successful the person will receive login details.

Rest shopify or woocommerce will already notify the admin of that account whenever a purchase occurs through them.

Regarding database to store login  information I would suggest use the login as the person’s email used while purchasing the course and same password for any user.I would highly recommend you to use some robust LMS like Teachable,Graphy,etc that allow you enroll students in courses automatically through zapier once payment is sucessful.

The problem with database approach is that the password lookup can become a challenge in the form of number of tasks consumed as you want to send that automatically.Login details are anyway different because the username is the email used to purchase.

In short this is the tech stack I would suggest you to use 

1.WooCommerce or Shopify for Orders 

2.Email Marketing Tool like ActiveCampaign that can send automated emails once a user is enrolled in the course.

3.LMS like Teachable or Graphy that works through API and enrolls users in courses 

Finally Zapier to connect all these.

Userlevel 1

Hello @Satya09! Thank You for Your response! It is very helpful. 

ActiveCampaign indeed looks very promising, I will surely dig into it! 

Regarding LMS and having same password for every user and client’s email as login, although I find it as a very smart idea, a problem has appeared. I’ve got some more info about that database and it’s in a form of simple list, let’s say about 100 records long. So we’ll have 2 columns for login and password data, and 100 rows. I don’t think we’ll be able to change it, maybe to do something with it, like manipulate it, but as a base we’ll have simple list of logins. Sooo in this case, I don’t think what You suggested would be able to be done. 

Do You happen to have any other idea how to connect everything to work properly when we have the database in form of a list? Maybe we would be able to connect ActiveCampaign with Google Sheets? What do You think?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Powerful Noob 

Same password for all students gives flexibility and it is just my personal suggestion.You obviously lookup a Google Spreadsheet for the login details.You can ActiveCampaign with Google Sheet as well.

However,as your usecase is unique we have to explore different custom scenarios like Lookup Spreadsheet,Having a Checkbox in Spreadsheet once that particular login details are shared etc.

Also another challenge is through ActiveCampaign you can’t compose the Email Content directly from Zapier.So you might need to pass that login information to the Contact Profile Inside ActiveCampaign through Custom Fields.

So all these possibilities should be explored to implement your custom automation usecase with Zapier testing various aspects with different tools that you use for this purpose.