Best answer

Email - Saving multiple attachments to dropbox.

• 5 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Am I missing something obvious or is this not currently possible?

I have incoming emails with invoices attached. Sometimes this is a single invoice in one pdf file which all works as it should and the file is saved to Dropbox and sent on to Doc Parser.

My problem comes when a supplier send multiple invoices and pdf files in one email. Zapier can’t seem to treat them as multiple files and so I only end up with one being processed.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 18 August 2020, 17:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! Would you mind sharing a screenshot with us of what you see in Zapier when you have two attachments?

I’m not actually sure it’s possible to handle multiple attachments, but I’d be more help if I could see the values that zapier receives when there’s more than one.

Userlevel 1

This is my Dropbox section showing I’ve selected “Attachments” from the incoming email…

And this is the output showing multiple file names but it just generates one file but with a filename combining all the separate filenames…

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Desmo can you test a different email trigger like gmail or outlook? email by Zapier (the trigger I think you are using) might not handle multiple attachments the way you would expect.

Userlevel 1

I’ll take a look, but it’s a bit of a pain as I’d now have to forward all of my invoice emails through to a different email account but it’s worth a go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah just as a test do a single email that has multiple invoices attached (you can copy the zap and change the trigger action, then go through each step that uses the output of the trigger and re-map it). 

Userlevel 1

Yep-I also am struggling with this.

It cannot recognise two separate attachments. I’m looking to have two desperate actions for the two separate attachments in my new mail trigger. 

Any suggestions really really appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LewisWaters thanks for reaching out!

Are you using Gmail in this configuration? If so, the issue here may be caused by the way the "New Attachment" trigger has started providing the filenames where the value provides the filename of each file in the email.

Without seeing your configuration, if you are using "Attachments Filename" in Gmail, can you try replacing with"Attachments Details Filename", which will be the name of the specific file that we're processing?

Hoping that does the trick but if not, you may want to reach out to Support so that they can look at your configuration to troubleshoot! 

P.S. We have a guide that should help walk you through how to save multiple attachments: