Best answer

email issue with zapier

• 31 January 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, I have an odd issue. I can get zapiers blog emails but if I try to change my account email, I get no return email with link to change. more importantly, I have a company that has had zapier send info to get zaps started. they are not listed publicly on the site. they have to be granted by the company. the company rep has said, just wait for the email from zapier and then add the API key info.. but email never comes.. this is like the 3rd or 4th time I have reached out today and previously and I never get a response.. again, perhaps its because they reply by email and I get nothing.. not in spam either... please help. my cell is 858-344-6465 and can accept call or text.. not sure how else to get someone to help me. thank you!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 5 February 2020, 02:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Aaron_farmer - as promised on Twitter I've flagged this to the Zapier Community Team. Someone will get back to you in due course (probably today) and either help you directly of escalate if needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @Aaron_farmer, Steph from the Zapier Community team here. We're very sorry you're experiencing delays in hearing back from us.

I checked and it looks like your ticket has been assigned and we're working on responding back to you ASAP. We greatly appreciate your patience and look forward to getting your answer to you in a zap!

Happy Friday!

Userlevel 2

thank you. we cant move forward with a project that we need until we can receive emails from zapier.. would appreciate if someone can get back soon. thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Aaron_farmerWe did a double check and its seems like your email provider is giving a 550 Sender email address rejected error. We have removed the bounced email from our side, but can you confirm with your email administrator to whitelist our email domain at contact@zapier.com?

To move along your support issue, I have pasted what William from Zapier Support sent to you a few days ago:

Thanks for writing in Aaron,

I’d be more than happy to help out!

I had a look at our emailing system and it looks like your email was on our suppression list due to our emails being rejected. Whenever we send out emails to a user if the email we send gets rejected due to the mailbox not existing or any other error we add the address to our suppression list. This prevents our mailing system from spamming the email server and getting denied as spam.

As for the AgencyZoom integration, is the trouble happening with that integration? If it is a private invite-only integration the developer who invited you would be the best place for support on issues.

That said, I'd be happy to have a look at what is going on and see if there is anything I can do to help!

Would you be able to send over a link to the Zap that you're working on and/or a full-page screenshot of the error we're seeing?

Let me know if you have any questions as well, I'm always happy to help!

Talk to you soon!

Best,

William

Userlevel 2

Hello, I didnt see the reply from William.

what is interesting is that I do get emails from zapier for the weekly blog.. just not anything when it comes to changing emails or similar. I have added contact@zapier.com to our whitelist.

to answer williams question, the issue is that agencyzoom has zapier send the email with the place to add the token code.. but since your server is blocking my email, I dont get the email.

if you think you have rectified the email issue on your end, I will ask agencyzoom to resend the email from zapier so i can connect the software.

I really havent had any issues with my email being blocked elsewhere so this is new to me but I understand servers may act odd at times. I will try again and see if the issue is resolved.

Userlevel 2

also, this is what we receive from agencyzoom.. they attempted to send again but I still dont get anything from zapier.. see below

You should have received an email from Zapier inviting you to join AgencyZoom integration.

Once you accept that invitation, you'll need the Zapier API secret codes to connect. Here's how you can get that code:

1. Log out of your AgencyZoom account

2. Type www.agencyzoom.com in a new browser (you must type www - it's silly, I know but it's just for beta)

3. Now you should be able to see "Integrations" as an option listed under My Agency (click on My Agency from top menu then "Integrations" under the Manage section)

4. Click the toggle button to turn on the Zapier integration and you'll see your API secret codes. A popup that looks like this:

Zapier%20Use.png

5. From Zapier, you should see the following when you try to connect to AgencyZoom. Please put the codes from step 4 here and click Yes, Continue.

zapier%20use1.png

Bam!!! You're in 

Please let me know if you have any questions and if you run into any issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Aaron_farmer I have sent another note to our team and Paolo from Zapier Support sent you a follow-up. I hope you received it but in case you didn't, here's a summary to ensure at least one of us gets to you.

AgencyZoom is private so you'll need to consult with their development team for further assistance on this invite-only application. I'm afraid we're limited in our support as this particular app has not been vetted by Zapier.

We highly suggest that you contact AgencyZoom to request an invite link to their beta integration. Don't forget to be logged into your Zapier account when accepting the invite so that you can quickly get through the prompts.

As for you not receiving emails from Zapier, we are unable to troubleshoot this part as this is related to your email server (and the configuration). We're happy to try again once you have addressed the concerns we have outlined with your email provider not delivering your email. We're seeing a 550 error on our side, which means that your inbox isn't accepting or is deferring our messages away. We suggest contacting your email administrator to sort this out.

Please let me know how I may further assist you!

Userlevel 2

Hello,

our email people think they have rectified the situation, they did see some prior emails that were blocked and they have opened up the server. however, now we cant even see emails coming from zapier at all.. would you please ask your people to troubleshoot.. also, I cannot see their updates since the emails are not getting to me. can I give another email for them to reply to??

Userlevel 2

also, you should not see the 550 error any longer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Aaron, I took a look at our email system and it had a block on sending emails to your address because we had previously received the 550 messages.

I've cleared that block and resent the last email that we sent to you, so you should have that now. If you haven't received it let me know!