Best answer

Eliminating Blank Lines

• 25 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I've created this form to push information from a Wufoo form into Teamwork Projects. I need to use the pick list since the submitter can choose any combination of choices with the form.

When formatting the description in my zap it looks like I have to include every possible choice in the list so that it will populate if it is chosen. However, this ends up leaving multiple blank lines in my description when fields are blank.

Is there a way to eliminate these blank lines or is there a way to put in a placeholder so that it will display only the choices made?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 March 2020, 10:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @kghart happy to help here! Would you mind pasting a screenshot of your action template? I just want to make sure we're first on the same page with what you're experiencing before we offer some suggestions.

Let us know!

Userlevel 2

I haven't included all the fields yet as I was testing things out but here is the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 3.59.47 PM.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kghart Thanks for coming back with that screenshot.

Due to the layout that you need in the project, and the number of possible variables, I don't think that it's going to be possible to eliminate the missing lines, sorry about that!

There are ways that you can say things like 'if this variable doesn't exist then use that variable' (see this great example from @PaulKortman) but I think that there are too many different options for that to be feasible in this case. 😔

Userlevel 2

Thank you.