Best answer

Dynamic WordPress Categories/Tags causing “403: Sorry you are not allows to assign the provided items” error

• 14 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys,

after getting a 403 while sending data from airtable to wordpress, I figured out that it failed because of the categories and the tags. In my case, both of them are dynamic. Hereby the categories exists, and tags can be new or are existing.

I looked at how categories and tags where send, and it looks fine to me (screenshot). Anyone ran into the same issue?

Thanks,
Daniel

icon

Best answer by SamB 14 October 2021, 15:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Supervision 

Believe you’ll need to use the WordPress Category ID or Tag ID, instead of the friendly name.

Help article: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-find-post-category-tag-comments-or-user-id-in-wordpress/

Userlevel 1

Cheers @Troy Tessalone 🍻, my hero of today! 😎

That worked like a charm for my categories … 

BUT – what about my tags that are new, and therefore no IDs exist?

Besides that, I have 3574 tags to date on my blog, and every post is adding some more …

While I could match all existing tags to IDs in an extra table, it would be plain amazing if the bridge to wordpress allows something easier ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that there’s a feature request open for the ability to search for tags in WordPress which would also allow for a new tag to be created if an existing one wasn’t found. 

I’ve added @Supervision’s vote for that feature request. While I don’t have an ETA on when that will be added we’ll be sure to get in touch by email as soon as it is. :)